Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Baroness
Actually, you weren't. That distinction is held by either Khupakabra or myself. We were lvl 45 Klingies in Octoberish.

Just sayin'.
Hi.. its been a long time since then.. OB and all.. and Yes he and Astrick were the first BGs on the klink side come Head start.. but i remember good old days too...

Like this one time.. in Klingon camp...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Way too lengthy a post to make yourself look like a whinner. Repeat after me," Klingons are not here to die at my convience".
I wasn't there so won't say stuff on this incident, but there's a bit of difference between suiciding and just sitting cloaked god knows where till everyone gets bored enough to leave, okay it is funny to hear of happening but not to deal with.

An attack doesn't need 15-30mins to plan, a few minutes every now and then esp. after initial loss but 15mins?

Need more objective oriented game types, a timer is still open to cloak abuse.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhamatos View Post
Hi.. its been a long time since then.. OB and all.. and Yes he and Astrick were the first BGs on the klink side come Head start.. but i remember good old days too...

Like this one time.. in Klingon camp...
I didn't know Klingons played flutes... XD

But still remains the case that it doesn't matter in the least who "the first" capped level people were. Doesn't make them any more knowledgeable about what it is they're doing, I mean, look at some of our world leaders, they hit "level cap" but it doesn't make them any more smarter - just more dogged in their grinding.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhamatos View Post
You do realize your talking to Klink pvp vets who rerolled Feds to pass the time, right?...

K, just checking...
Then you know as much as anybody what the KDF has to endure against the Fed Ball...you blame KDF players for playing smart(valuing survival over mindlessly smashing into a well managed Fed Ball). You blame them instead of the **** poor PvP areanas which leaves even bored KDF rolled Fed forgetting that no one queuing into PvP is entitled to have opposing deaths laid before them on a silver platter.

Even Klingons are allowed to recognize a losing situtation and bide thier time for more advantgous conditions, especially when the scenerio isnt pressing or important...with these PvP sessions, there is nothing to gain in the first place. Klingon lives are not to be wasted for nothing, some of us realize that.

Some of us refuse to have our tactical/strategic mindsets corrupted by a meaningless, purposeless and pre-arranged "play dates" the devs call PvP. If you had to wait 20 mins it because the devs never gave you or us the option to do anything other than grab 1200 pts of 15 kills for nohing.

You applied a well managed Fed Ball...great, its a good defense while you wait for a KDF to slip up...so is waiting under cloak for Feds to do the same.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockeryangel
I wasn't there so won't say stuff on this incident, but there's a bit of difference between suiciding and just sitting cloaked god knows where till everyone gets bored enough to leave, okay it is funny to hear of happening but not to deal with.

An attack doesn't need 15-30mins to plan, a few minutes every now and then esp. after initial loss but 15mins?

Need more objective oriented game types, a timer is still open to cloak abuse.
If you are out numbered against a good Fed Ball, you dont have much choice...either wait or suicide into the ball.

You can test the ball to see if its weak...but of its strong, you have to wait if you value smart game play(some time that means being patient).
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 10:54 PM
If 5 of you are together and 5 of them are together, it's time to attack.

"Waiting for the enemy to slip up" when it's just a 5v5 deathmatch is a pretty weak excuse.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
If you are out numbered against a good Fed Ball, you dont have much choice...either wait or suicide into the ball.

You can test the ball to see if its weak...but of its strong, you have to wait if you value smart game play(some time that means being patient).
Dude read his post. It was a BoK premade full team. They weren't out numbered, they were just being idiots. They were obviously waiting for people to drop so the odds would be against the Feds. He also wasn't making his proclamation towards the whole Faction, but rather these select few griefing idiots.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Baroness
I didn't know Klingons played flutes... XD

But still remains the case that it doesn't matter in the least who "the first" capped level people were. Doesn't make them any more knowledgeable about what it is they're doing, I mean, look at some of our world leaders, they hit "level cap" but it doesn't make them any more smarter - just more dogged in their grinding.

I know you must be right. The fact that i have played easily over a thousand PVP matches means nothing, never mind the fact winning 98% of them. Most of were flawless 15-0 wins.

Every fleet premade i've run has won, almost always 15-0. You know what ? i've never used fail hit and run tactics. Why you ask? because that tactic costs time ( which is experience/rewards ) and is not nearly as effective as teamplay.

Teamplay requires a lot more skill that "ok guys shoot him! when he dies run away like little cowards. If one of us dies, run away like little cowards". I'm sorry but i will not take party to a cowardly technique, and a fail one at that.

Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 11:01 PM
People here know that I will defend the Klingon faction to my death. However, I will not defend or condone idiotic people like these select few in BoK have displayed. They had a full premade team, they suck at the game so they cloaked until people got frustrated and left.

Fellow Klingons, it is our duty to call out dishonorable P'taqs like this. They make our noble race look bad. They are the reason people cry about cloak griefing. I will defend klingons when they don't have a full team, but that obviously wasn't the case here.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 11:03 PM
more Feds QQing, what else is new
Closed Thread