Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
02-15-2010, 03:10 AM
We can all say what we want about pvp but the bottom line is this is cryptics fault not the player(s) for using what is given to them. I`m one of the klingons who will not just mindlessly die to a fed ball.

Hopefully in a few weeks...months they will fix/add some pvp elements to alleviate these problems but for now, what do we expect for a rushed game?

And... isn`t calling people out on the forums with their names against the rules?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
02-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xynt View Post
We can all say what we want about pvp but the bottom line is this is cryptics fault not the player(s) for using what is given to them. I`m one of the klingons who will not just mindlessly die to a fed ball.

Oh please. As if you are a mindless drone forced to play like that because Cryptic allows it. Do you also think murderers using firearms are not to blame because they were allowed to buy a gun somewhere?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
02-15-2010, 03:21 AM
This is a game and you bring up murderers? lol... Whatever, if I want good team based pvp atm ill play tf2 as this game atm is fun but needs fixing.


Murderers lol... I keep forgetting this is the internet and you cant win...still lol`ing@ the M analogy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
02-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundredth View Post
However it's also indicative of a game balance problem, just as feds fedball, klingons can grief with cloak "just because we can".
Uhm why is fedball a game balance problem?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
02-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
They did not respond at all in Zone chat, there was plenty to respond to. Why don't you actually read the thread through instead of the OP, things progress in a thread and get discussed.

Your simple declaration that "name calling" in a title makes a thread invalid is just as good as myself saying that saying its invalid is invald. I hope that wasnt to complex for you.

It was a terrible tactic, and the only purpose was to serve as griefing. Why dont you take a minuite and discuss proper tactics to your fleetmates. What you teach them now not only wastes time, but serves as a means to lose vs a semi-organized team.

If you're ok with being quazi decent, continue.

I will not remain silent while this kind of bull smears Klingons, i would expect you to understand that. Clearly you have different values.

As has already been shown in this thread, making this thread served a purpose. The next time we faced that premade they did not use a griefing tactic and everyone had fun. Imagine that - had i remained silent on the subject they might have repeated the offense, further giving your fleet a bad name.


Za'Rex
Ok first of all lets talk about Forum machanics, if the subject is not on the origional OP thread then this is called going 'off topic', most forums emplore that if you go off topic then you create a new topic to discuss that in, i am replying ot the original poster not any of the other people that have posted in this thread on other things. This has been the same since the beggining of forum postng. And tbh if the Feds talk in Zone chat, i am under no obligation to talk back, since mostly its whiney greif i get in zone chat anyways for doing massive healing and getting called a cheater.


Saying somehting is invalid: By names being said it shows that the poster is not in a calm, civil state to have a proper conversation with, this is impacted more in your reply to me by infering that i am simple and that you need to patronise me to try and make me fel bad to make me feel that my post is uselss, good try doesn't work with me.

I take Good time with my tactics as said by my 30 hour session over the weeknd in only losing 2 matches, we spent no longer than 2 minutes in cloak andf this was always in the initial attack to mark targets and tacs, BoK is ahuge guild and we are not telling people to wait for better odds, this is a stupid tactic and i have always been on the thinking that if you are dieing that badly then die fast and get it over with, Klingons want to prolong fights even lesss than feds as its either pvp for badges or the boring PVE grinds.

I will ignore your Quazi decent comment as just pure anger as you don't know me and you don't know how and what or well i play.

Im not asking you to stay silent, i am asking oyu to approach this with some tact and civility, there was no need to drop BoK as a name in as they are not the only ones to do it, theere was no reason to call the cowards as this is a game and i really don't think you can be cowardly in a game, it has no real life conotations that can cause feart to make you cowardly, the whole post was aggressive and not objective, you made any reader feel that the post was more about this 5 man team than the issue at large. Yes this happens but as many said this can be shown as bad game mechanics, used to happen in WoW all the time (Warsong Gulch stalemates anyone?)

Your last pont about making threads make a difference, have you thought that maybe you were their first game with a new team and they were getting their tacs sorted so the nxt time you played them they were ready? There are so mmany variables to take into aco**** of why it was different other than all 5 of them taking a long look at your thread reflecting and becoming better people, thankyou for bringing this tou our attention that people are still being silly like this, but your approach in my honest, humble, simple opinion is that there is a btter away to address this issue and this thread is way from the mark.

Kind regards

Sko'ti I.K.S Toaster
Engi/Cruiser
Full healing support
Proud member of BoK
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
02-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
Well if you stopped reading then how can you possible know anything to have a basis to post? Right.

Klingons use cloak as a means of surprise attack, not surprise "cowardly running".

I emplore you to read the thread in its entirety rather than make assumptions about the content of it.


Za'Rex
Cowardly running? Klingons use Battle Cloak to hit and run.

We have hundreds of people in our guild. Many are new. I wouldn't blame all of BoK, if indeed what you say is true. Contact BoK directly. We have a website. The links are in my signature.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
02-15-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
I know you must be right. The fact that i have played easily over a thousand PVP matches means nothing, never mind the fact winning 98% of them. Most of were flawless 15-0 wins.

Every fleet premade i've run has won, almost always 15-0. You know what ? i've never used fail hit and run tactics. Why you ask? because that tactic costs time ( which is experience/rewards ) and is not nearly as effective as teamplay.

Teamplay requires a lot more skill that "ok guys shoot him! when he dies run away like little cowards. If one of us dies, run away like little cowards". I'm sorry but i will not take party to a cowardly technique, and a fail one at that.


Za'Rex
So in the early days of the game you managed to beat lots of Feddiebears who play mainly against bots... Nothing to brag about imo.

So you had to wait for a while until they attacked... Big deal, why couldn't you find them? Are you going to use the same excuse as all the others anti-cloak whinners "We can't scan for cloacked ships "?

Instead you come here to name and shame people (Not allowed by the forum TOS btw.) but instead you come accross as a poor fed player.

I fly for niether of the two fleets concerned but I have seen members of both flyhing AWAY from fights they could and should win so pot, kettle and black springs to mind.

Hope you get a short ban for breaking forum TOS
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
02-15-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Dont think just because you were the first to grind up means you can speak on the faction either Pops.
They ground up in Yovbat of all places....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
02-15-2010, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
So in the early days of the game you managed to beat lots of Feddiebears who play mainly against bots... Nothing to brag about imo.

So you had to wait for a while until they attacked... Big deal, why couldn't you find them? Are you going to use the same excuse as all the others anti-cloak whinners "We can't scan for cloacked ships "?

Instead you come here to name and shame people (Not allowed by the forum TOS btw.) but instead you come accross as a poor fed player.

I fly for niether of the two fleets concerned but I have seen members of both flyhing AWAY from fights they could and should win so pot, kettle and black springs to mind.

Hope you get a short ban for breaking forum TOS

Because they are banning people for posting names in fleet theft threads , right. It's been a long time sence ive seen even a dev edit in these forums much less a response ....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
02-15-2010, 05:00 AM
*rubs head* Ow..this all makes my head hurt.

1: Klingons will cloak gack someone, battle cloak and fly off this is what they do. Blame Cryptic for poor ships and gear on the klingon side.

2: feds will Fed Ball, effective tactic and when done will make sure Feds will win almost all matches. Klingons only hope is if the ball some how breaks up. 10 to 1 some poor sod of a klingon has to rush in there and take the OMGWTF! Phasor alpha strike of doom. Of course no klingon in his/her right mind is gonna WANT to do that but thats beside the point.

3. No one wants to be farmed, yes I will run away and reengage you on MY terms not yours if I'm a klingon, thats my ONLY defense.

4. Running off and hiding for 5-10 minutes till Feds get bored is retarded, period. I can see why somone would do it though, dosent mean i would approve it. However we are not cannon fodder for your amusement, we WILL run and reengage later, and if you have to wait a bit of time then so be it, though i have yet to see the 'run and hide' for a whole 10 minutes or more.

5. Your getting FvF soon (tm) or so I hear. You wont be needing us after that since noone in their right mind is going to want to pvp Klingons. And the only thing klingons hate more than dealing with a fed ball is dealing with other klingons.

Long story short, i will run when the odds are against me, however I have never sat around waiting for feds to get bored.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.