Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
02-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwiccan View Post
Hello,

Im a -BoK- member and I cant tell you that stuff like spawn camping ect isn't are way.. and if ppl use tactics the fleet leader thinks isnt cool they are told this prob isnt the fleet for you..

griefing on time , there is just to many things that could have happen here to even answer on this really, we have lots of married couples, room mates , ect who play .. could have been real life thing come up .. instead of comming here and saying something like , hey man I notice you all went afk in battle last night hope everything is ok at home .. you come here and bash a whole fleet ??

Bad taste my friend..

you could have went to -BoK- website and made post , but come here and slam a fleet ..

I will not toss myself to the fedball and just die to make a fed happy.. I will make them fight for there win , and every -BoK- (im pretty sure )will do the same.. If they dont there told this isnt the fleet for you..
But on the same hand I will not just sit there and not do anythign either..

I can see where Feds are comming from , they have LONG Q times and want to get in and get out as soon as they can..

this is a lesson , never Q up for a cracked , or solar unless you sure you have a science dude who can scan or run if full aux to find these guys and YES science ships can find cloaks up to 11k-13k out ..

Thereis a button on your map that lets you LEAVE the match any time you want .. ANYTIME you want.. so if you sat there and wasted YOUR own time and then want to come and ***** about it i feel nothing for you..

we have ppl zone into 40+ matches and see are premade and bail all the time .. because they know we
will give them good fight, also we have premades looking for us , who come in and stomp us, man those are great fights..

But when it comes right down to it ,

YOU CAN LEAVE WHEN EVER YOU WANT

AssimUlated'Smurf
I.K.S. Smurf'Zerg
If you want to come and defend your fleet, thats fine. Don't try to make up excuses that are flat out lies to what occured. Let it be clear what they did was cloak griefing.

The only fleet mate I had in that match with me is a Science officer in a science ship, as skilled as you can be at that level for finding cloaked ships.

10-12km ? in an arena that spans 100km ? Do the math, if someone wants to cloak grief its easy as hell to avoid detection.

I named them simply to show it was not the entire fleet, i used your fleet name because they flaunt it on thier ships and brought your fleet and our faction a bad name. I have said it before, i will not stand for that.

I have always respected BoK being a pre-release fleet, however if your members are willing to do these sort of things then it makes me wonder who is directing/allowing that kind of behavior.

If you by chance read into the thread you would see we faced them again, if you want to know what i said go read it.


Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
02-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KutsusOG
You say you make them fight for the win, but apparently that sentiment isn't held for all of your fleet. Forcing people to leave because you sat far away cloaked for 15 minutes is a pretty cheap tactic no matter how you look at it.
Did you somehow miss this in his post?

"...there is just to many things that could have happen here to even answer on this really, we have lots of married couples, room mates , ect who play .. could have been real life thing come up .. instead of comming here and saying something like , hey man I notice you all went afk in battle last night hope everything is ok at home .. you come here and bash a whole fleet ??"


Quote:
Originally Posted by KutsusOG
Premades bail on you all the time, huh?
He meant that PUGs bail out. Any pick up group will have a tough time against a premade with Vent.


I've made a lot of hot headed posts myself. My advice would be to relax for a while (advice that I now follow myself).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
02-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingBlades
No, when we roll over pugs 1-2 times at least a few of them leave out of frustration ignoring the fact the fact that if they stayed they would still get skill points. It doesn't make sense but people do it fairly regularly. Scifi isn't try to stroke his ego, if he says it then it is true.

This is an isolated incident that the OP decided to blow way out of proportion. He wanted to besmirch BoK and stroke his own ego at the same time. I doubt this is a common strategy by this group and you are blowing the time they sat cloaked way out of proportion to try to make your point. They were probably just sitting in cloak figuring out what they should do. It is doubtful they were just waiting you guys out so someone should leave. Sometimes people do things you don't like, get over it or ask Cryptic to change specific things instead of just crying about it.

Also as another poster pointed out it's possible one of them just got disconnected mid-match and they waited for him to get back.
The same song 3 or 4 times at least in this thread, its getting old.

If anything 15 minuites was a conservative estimate of the time i waited.

Please do tell me what happened, do tell me as you were not there. Anything short of what i've stated in this thread is a lie, Period.

In what way would I be attempting to stroke my ego? do tell?

The more trash your fleet posts the faster im seeing exactly what BoK is, do continue for everyone to see.



Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
02-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Let's see if I have this correct ?
  1. Fed ball consisting of 2 to 3 up to 4 crusiers , 1 escort , possibly 1 sci vessel ?
  2. Klingon group of 5 BoP's
  3. A leader teaching or motivating his group to win ?
  4. An OP complaining because it didn't end fast enough for him to get his skill points to level to the next ship ?

So is he objecting to how long it took or losing the battle ? Honestly, falling on your sword just to get the fight over is no fun, if you're badly outclassed sometimes expedient . Some people don't appreciate the fact that some people like the aspect of stradegy and the fight more than how quickly you can level ? He could have left the fight any time , obviously the fight was close enough to give him a glimmer of victory otherwise he would have left ?

To top it off the frustration of this post indicates to me that he was probably running his mouth in zone . This probably prolonged the fight , because most people won't fight and type in zone at the same time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
02-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Funny nobody has brought up the fact that if you don't like whats being done in the instance you're currently in, you have a button that allows you to just leave the zone yourself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
02-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
If you want to come and defend your fleet, thats fine. Don't try to make up excuses that are flat out lies to what occured. Let it be clear what they did was cloak griefing.

The only fleet mate I had in that match with me is a Science officer in a science ship, as skilled as you can be at that level for finding cloaked ships.

10-12km ? in an arena that spans 100km ? Do the math, if someone wants to cloak grief its easy as hell to avoid detection.

I named them simply to show it was not the entire fleet, i used your fleet name because they flaunt it on thier ships and brought your fleet and our faction a bad name. I have said it before, i will not stand for that.

I have always respected BoK being a pre-release fleet, however if your members are willing to do these sort of things then it makes me wonder who is directing/allowing that kind of behavior.

If you by chance read into the thread you would see we faced them again, if you want to know what i said go read it.


Za'Rex

As I've said to the poster above me, you need to take a break and relax. I've foamed at the mouth myself, and later regretted it.

We have about 500 members. All members start as probational members. If what you say is actually true, by all means contact the officers at the BoK site. The link is in my signature.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
02-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
I recently rolled a fed char who is in the Commander tier, myself and a fleetmate with 3 PuGs came against one of BoK's premades.

We did the normal Fed thing and sat together. One of our pugs had already ventured off and got killed a couple times with no sign of the Klingons. We didn't think much of it, they are pugs afterall. Well after 5 minuites of waiting for them to show up they finally engage the 4 of us sitting there, we lose an escort and they lose 2 ships, then battle cloak and run like cowards.

After they killed our loose PuG a couple more times we decided to go find him and stick together. After we found him and got together, they tried once more to fight us. After killing one of thier ships they again ran like cowards and for the next 15 minuites NEVER tried to fight again.

The match we left at was tied 6/6 , 5 kills due to the random pug they farmed.

Names and Shame -

Ziria@Ushaan - Blood of Kahless
Daq'tagh@Star*Dagger - Blood of Kahless
Rutak@Nagilum - Blood of Kahless
T'rix@_Trix_ - Blood of Kahless

The fifth went offline before I could /who him. His Klingon characters name is Ahn'Kah.


You are all a disgrace to the Klingon faction, My fleet has NEVER pulled anything even close to this kind of failhattery. If i ever heard of any of my fleetmates doing so I would remove them immeadeatly.


Za'Rex
Proud Leader of Murder

Zautin
(Fed) Murder Fleet
Hi Za'Rex, wern't you the FIRST level 45 Klingon General? I'd imagine that would give you some insight on how one (Klingon) could abuse game mechanics.

Astrick
Senior Officer
Murder Fleet
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
02-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post


Some people don't appreciate the fact that some people like the aspect of stradegy and the fight more than how quickly you can level ? He could have left the fight any time , obviously the fight was close enough to give him a glimmer of victory otherwise he would have left ?

After hitting the skill cap, I suspect that T5 fights will last a long time if need be since not much else is gained except the pleasure of fighting as best as one can.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
02-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
I know you must be right. The fact that i have played easily over a thousand PVP matches means nothing, never mind the fact winning 98% of them. Most of were flawless 15-0 wins.

Every fleet premade i've run has won, almost always 15-0. You know what ? i've never used fail hit and run tactics. Why you ask? because that tactic costs time ( which is experience/rewards ) and is not nearly as effective as teamplay.

Teamplay requires a lot more skill that "ok guys shoot him! when he dies run away like little cowards. If one of us dies, run away like little cowards". I'm sorry but i will not take party to a cowardly technique, and a fail one at that.


Za'Rex
Almost all the PVP matches I play in have won as well. 15-0, 15-1, etc. Sometimes I have even participated in them and did 1000 damage or so.

Does that mean I'm a pro? I mean, I'm sure I've been in well over a thousand.

On the other hand. I've been in matches that I've easily doubled the next guy in line's damage. That Abandon Ship spam every 45 seconds is no joke at getting top damage each match. Easily over a thousand matches won that way.

Does that make me a pro? I mean, top damage in every match = class know-how, amirite!??1//1?!??!?

/me whips out the microscope. I think there's some e-thuggin in your posts. Someone's e-Hardcore!

Oooh, we should get Apple to patent that:

The iHard. Strong enough for a man. Made for an e-Thug.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90
02-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Whilst it may appear as if they're being cowards to you, It is a reasonably tactically advantageous thing to do. My guess is they were waiting for impatience to get the better of you and split up so they could strike when the federation group is less organised.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 AM.