Lt. Commander
# 1 What is this?
02-16-2010, 12:59 PM
http://www.viddler.com/explore/massively/videos/109/

This trailor is titled Undine faction, so does that mean that the Undine are going to be a playable faction, or are they going to be raidisode content?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 01:06 PM
The Undine aren't going to be a playable faction anytime soon, probably never. Cryptic also has a faction vid out for the Cardassians. They are just stating that they are a faction within the game, not that they are playable.
The first new playable faction seems likely to be Romulan.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz609
http://www.viddler.com/explore/massively/videos/109/

This trailor is titled Undine faction, so does that mean that the Undine are going to be a playable faction, or are they going to be raidisode content?
Very cool video, now I'm quite excited and intrigued!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Borg,
Cardassians,
Romulins

Have all been mentioned by CP as races being added at a later date.

The only one not fully confirmed is 8472
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Ahh, I didnt know that the other videos were titled factions as well, got me a bit excited lol.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh lord here we go. Prediction time:

1. Species 8472 is announced as playable.
2. crys for nerfing them starts
3. a toned down shell of the species is released as playable.
4. reality hits, same skills, same abilities, same weapons, just diff skins on avatars and ships
5. break out the life jackets, rivers of tears will break levies.

Liberated Borg was one thing, at least being separated from the collective gave a reasonable cause to them being toned down. 8472/Undine unless they are in starfleet uniforms or some renegade faction will have access to the species home bases and tech. Any species that actually instill fear in the Borg probably shouldn't be played. imho.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 02:29 PM
I have to agree with Capulet. Undine just shouldnt be playable.

1st. They are OVER powered in Canon. Just like the Borg were until VOY changed everything. (alot of people complain about what VOY did, Im actually glad they brought them down to realistic terms, any race as powerful as the Borg were in TNG would have no issues overrunning the Fed, making all the failed attempts in the shows and movies laughable). But I do understand why their needs to be an Overpowered race out there bent on annihilating everyone. Gives a good reason as to why the Klingons/Feds/Romulans havent wiped each other out yet. Their distracted by Borg and 8472.

2nd. Somethings should just remain out of grasp of players. Allowing the player base to tap into a more powerful faction means the player base will ignore Feds, Klingons and any other faction for the more Uber Faction. Its happened in other games. It could happen here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm quite happy just seeing Species 8472 as AI controlled ships / chracters, although I would like to see the option to modify a Torpedo with Borg nanites allowing you to take a number of Undine vessels down after a couple of seconds after impact.