Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
I'd just like to say thank you to you all on your input! i disabled the HDR and the game operates without a problem. and hopefully come out with a stability update soon for the HD 5000 series cards. and thx again!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2010, 09:38 PM
I have no problems running the game with a diamond ati, but I just bought a SAPPHIRE 100279-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16, I haven't installed it yet, is there a possibility I will have simialr problems?
Lt. Commander
# 13 Shadow detail errors
02-16-2010, 07:08 AM
I haven't had any of the crash errors that most of you seem to have had with the ATi 5000 series cards (I am using a 5750 XXX edition), however if I don't turn the shadow detail in the game down to either low or off, everything becomes pixelated and it's very hard to look at. Turning the shadow detail down to low or off totally fixes the problem (unless there's a lot of shading to process). Anyone else have a similar problem with the 5000 series? I haven't had a single crash with mine but perhaps they have fixed the bugs, seeing the dates of the previous posts in this thread.

Feedback is appreciated!

Joz
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Actually the dynamic lighting with your internet speed that is causing the game to get all FUBAR.

I have monitored my GPU with MSI Afterburner, I barely get above 60% with the settings maxed out.

You also must remember that MMOs are server based, and because the servers are still being pushed over the limits you will get decreased performence from lack of information being sent from the server.

So the best way to improve the performence live close to a server, have fast internet, turn off dynamic lighting and have patience for a fix.

Proud owned of a 5870, no major problems since turning off dynamic lighting.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2010, 07:29 AM
nov8tr all you could of said was i disagree with you. Your rant just now makes you sound like an upset littel eight year old yes i am younger then you but at this point i have a more mature a****ude right now then you. But i will be the bigger man and abmit that i was wrong becuase i will take the high road because you seem to be an angry little man
# 16
02-16-2010, 08:52 AM
I've turned off dynamic lighting and have no problems at all, but I think the point was.... can't wait to turn it on!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admldep0282 View Post
nov8tr all you could of said was i disagree with you. Your rant just now makes you sound like an upset littel eight year old yes i am younger then you but at this point i have a more mature a****ude right now then you. But i will be the bigger man and abmit that i was wrong becuase i will take the high road because you seem to be an angry little man
# 18
02-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admldep0282 View Post
# 19
02-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA1LMAST3R
I'd just like to say thank you to you all on your input! i disabled the HDR and the game operates without a problem. and hopefully come out with a stability update soon for the HD 5000 series cards. and thx again!
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Cryptic had a horrible track record for supporting ATI cards with COH, there were issues for *years* getting all the features to work, and they never did fix some of the problems.