Lt. Commander
So I've noticed at times some of my abilities will automatically cast themselves on others. Now this wouldn't **** me off if it were toggle-able, or even if it only assisted people that I was grouped with, but no it does it when ever it feels like it.

Here are 2 examples of why it should at the very least be a feature you can toggle on or off.

While I'm over here with 25% hull my engineering team decided that the ungrouped cruiser (captained by some one whom I had never seen before or since) with about 95% hull and full shields needed to be healed over myself with low shields and 2 heavy plasma torpedoes baring down on me.
Really? This made sense to the grand galactic inquisitor that rules dominion over who shalth and shalth not be healed? (Ignore me!)

Here's another one, so apparently some times it seems to see who your target's target it and auto heals him. That's all well and good except that while doing the crystalline entity I was orbiting opposite who who it was targeting and he was at least 11 km away from me at all times. Did this super advanced, life saving system take this into account when I tried to repair my hull after being hit with a 5 gigaton piece of space bling? No, why should it? That wouldn't make any sense at all, you never selected your own ship, so you must be adamant on healing that guy 12 km away from you.

Now does anyone know if I have an option to disable this or if this is something they need to add, because to be perfectly honest, in the thick of combat if I'm in a bad mood, if I don't know you I don't like you and I'm keeping my heals too myself. When I'm in a better mood, I'm more generous and will select you and heal you at my leisure. But after doing a 45 minute ground mission that ended in a 15 minute boss fight with 10 mind raping remans that repeatedly killed me in under 5 seconds, I generally don't want to socialize with random people in deep space encounters.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 11:50 PM
You can disable the auto-assisting in the options menu.

Sadly, there's only one option for this, which impacts both assisting an enemy's target with a friendly ability and assisting a friendly target with a hostile ability.

The two really should be separate.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
You can disable the auto-assisting in the options menu.

Sadly, there's only one option for this, which impacts both assisting an enemy's target with a friendly ability and assisting a friendly target with a hostile ability.

The two really should be separate.
What should be separate is 'friendly target' and 'hostile target'...
e.g.
- you have a hostile target, hostile abilities target them
- you have a separate friendly target, friendly abilities target them

AFAIK that would be entirely client-side and shouldn't be a huge amount of work, the only skill that would need changing is 'scramble sensors'.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 09:52 AM
so there is an option for it? cool.

Sorry to rant in my first post, I was having a bad day and this was like the cherry on the cake, except the cherry was full of razor blades.