Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I've had this issue. Usually if I make this mission my primary, it will finally clear.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleriel
... just to be sure, are you guys certain you didn't accidently go to Reytan instead of Beytan?

made that mistake myself once, I'm embarrased to admit.
HA! That was the same problem I had with that mission.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2010, 04:07 PM
The mission also does not clear for me. I have done it 6 times, each time answering correctly and being told to depart since the mission is over. Admiral Quinn gave me new missions the first time I tried to turn it in, but he isn't doing anything any more.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I have found several missions during my Commander Rank that would not complete.

Every case was where I had chosen "Not Now" to leave after the mission was completed.

I would then would have the Depart System objective listed but leaving the system would not complete it.

To fix this I had to team with someone to reset the spawns in the mission (due to going back into the system was always empty from me having cleared it already) and choosing the option to depart the system.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 06:28 PM
I've seriously hit every mission bug like this since I started. I have amazing luck at finding crap that totally ruins games for me. Superfrown!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-20-2010, 08:43 AM
getting the same problem here, tried it with group, ungrouped same problem. hope they fix this problem soon. as (at least to me knowledge you cant get any other patrols until you turn that mission in.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Was fine on first character, but running into this problem with my second. First attempt was in an open instance team. After completion, returning to sector space only showed the mission still being open.

Tried everything possible to resolve: changed team settings to closed group, dropped the mission (the system patrol, not the sector patrol), logged out. Only thing I haven't tried yet is close the game and then restart it, but I doubt that will make any more difference than logging out would...

Also, tried leaving the group before beaming down, but this only lead to either a message giving me a countdown until leaving the map (like in PvP once it finishes), or, once on the planet, the option to depart the system.

In none of these cases, completion gets credited, meaning this mission is unresolvable to my second character... Also already put this in a GM request/bug report.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianissimeat View Post
I've seriously hit every mission bug like this since I started. I have amazing luck at finding crap that totally ruins games for me. Superfrown!

I knew someone in Champions who had the same knack for finding every bug. I wish you & he had been in Closed Beta, then STO would probably have launched nearly bug-free (assuming you '/bugged' it).

Instead, most Closed Beta 'Testers' today just want to 'play the game early', this is why I believe most MMO's come out with a ton of Bugs today.

Now, Closed Beta 'Testers' are considered a 'Joke'. Definitely not something you want to publicly announce, but instead hanging your heads in shame.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Here's a Fix
02-21-2010, 12:30 AM
I fixed it by dropping the misson. Go into the mission log and click "drop". It will get reassigned when you vist Beytan again.

Worked fine after I dropped it and then re-did it
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Finally SOLVED after 8-10 attempths.
Tried everything. What worked for me was dropping the quest, AND setting patrol vulcan sistem as Primary quest.

Hope this helps