Commander
# 41
07-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat140 View Post
Point.

I thought of three more things that I think would make a real difference (and I've seen other people wishing for them, it's not just me):

• Ability to place player's Captain and BOffs as NPC contacts/enemies, the same as the player's BOffs are currently selectable as the face for a dialogue.
    Failing that, at least add the Captain to the list of options for a dialogue, alongside the BOffs.
For one thing, you could occasionally give the captain a big speech that won't fit on a reply button. Sometimes that's just called for. For another, meeting yourself coming back is weird, and for proper Star Trek, you need weird from time to time. Mirror doubles, evil clones, Romulan impostors, flashbacks, illusions.

• Individual enemies, not just groups.
Especially good if we do get the ability to send in the Captain alone, and they can fight a bad guy one-on-one.

• Ability to give the player a (worthless, effect-less) item, and then to check for its presence as the trigger for something else later.
As well as improving immersion, it would also vastly increase the possibilities for doing triggers. For one thing, it would provide the long-wished-for way to carry choices forward from map to map, since you'd still have the item.
I've added your suggestions, Wombat, and combined the animation-trigger thingy (You were right about that). I also remind everyone again, that all of you can go back and edit your votes at any time. Furthermore the list is shuffled for every voter, so we can exclude biased decisions due to that.

Link to poll: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N63...a31ts/viewform

As of now, 23 persons have voted.
STOWiki admin.

Last edited by kagasensei; 07-30-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-31-2014, 03:08 AM
I just realized rotation may already be on the y axis (when you are looking at the 2d map you are looking down from above and the objects rotate clockwise or counter clockwise, meaning their central axis would be y). It's actually x axis rotation I was suggesting.

Either way I hope people get what I was asking for...the ability to rotate an object upside down.

And another suggestion, it would make sense to restrict the players weapons to coincide with selecting and NPC's armament. If we are talking about recreating a 1 on 1 death match Kirk style then it would be an unfair advantage if we are left with our full arsenal while the NPC only has stones to throw at us.

Last edited by rekurzion; 07-31-2014 at 03:21 AM.
Commander
# 43
07-31-2014, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekurzion View Post
I just realized rotation may already be on the y axis (when you are looking at the 2d map you are looking down from above and the objects rotate clockwise or counter clockwise, meaning their central axis would be y). It's actually x axis rotation I was suggesting.

Either way I hope people get what I was asking for...the ability to rotate an object upside down.

And another suggestion, it would make sense to restrict the players weapons to coincide with selecting and NPC's armament. If we are talking about recreating a 1 on 1 death match Kirk style then it would be an unfair advantage if we are left with our full arsenal while the NPC only has stones to throw at us.
I think everybody knows what's meant with "Y-axis rotation"

Weapon limitations for the players and mobs are already in the list.
STOWiki admin.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
07-31-2014, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
I think everybody knows what's meant with "Y-axis rotation"

Weapon limitations for the players and mobs are already in the list.
I think it would be easier to ask for all 3 axes.

@greendragoon
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-31-2014, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
I think it would be easier to ask for all 3 axes.
I agree.

/10char
Commander
# 46
07-31-2014, 12:37 PM
30 votes so far. Please, everyone should check their votes. If you see one of your votes went missing due to a later change, simply modify your vote again accordingly. Modification of the poll form will now stop.
STOWiki admin.
Career Officer
# 47
08-07-2014, 12:01 PM
AYE AYE! Vote +1
Commander
# 48
08-10-2014, 02:32 PM
39 votes and counting. As the costume and map polls reached much higher turnouts, I'll leave this one open a bit longer. Although I do not expect to get 100+ votes for something "metaphaysical" as uninspiring as foundry functions in the end ( ), I think 50+ is an attainable, representative number.
STOWiki admin.
Lieutenant
# 49
08-11-2014, 08:17 PM
This is a good list, I see only 5 things that I need and aren't mentioned:

1) I want to reuse an item, for example I can use a console only once, there is a workaround that involves hiding the console and showing a new one so this is low priority to me but that would make the design faster.

2) most importantly I want to reuse hiding and showing indefinitely, for example if I place a npc with a dialog to open a door then I want to be able to ask him to close the door then open it later, indefinitely.

It is very important for designing a good maze because if you open door A then it closes doors B and C then if you open door B then it closes A and then you want to start over so all the doors would reset to their initial state, that sort of things.

3) the NPCs need to be able to lead and follow the player, for "let me show you the way" or "lead on, I'm going with you" kind of interactions.

4) beam up a npc with animation

5) blank an object name

Last edited by mignarde; 08-11-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Commander
# 50
08-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mignarde View Post
This is a good list, I see only 5 things that I need and aren't mentioned:

1) I want to reuse an item, for example I can use a console only once, there is a workaround that involves hiding the console and showing a new one so this is low priority to me but that would make the design faster.
Already on the list as "Trigger toggle". However, I had to close down editing of the list at some point and there was plenty of time to suggest things until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mignarde View Post
4) beam up a npc with animation
Also already in the list as "Different (de-)spawn animations..."
STOWiki admin.