Lt. Commander
# 1 Buff/Debuff Icons
02-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Where are they? Occasionally in space and on the ground, I can see certain buffs and debuffs, but they never have a time limit and it's pretty random when I see them. Is there a certain way to always tell what's going on for you and your enemies, or is it buggy right now? I'm just confused.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 11:50 AM
We are missing quite a few debuff icons on ourselves, both in space and on the ground.

We need this kind of feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
The only way I've been able to see debuffs on myself (in space) is with the target of target unit frame. Would be nice if there was a more convenient way. If there is some option that I don't have checked, help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
The only way I've been able to see debuffs on myself (in space) is with the target of target unit frame. Would be nice if there was a more convenient way. If there is some option that I don't have checked, help would be appreciated.
Yes yes yes. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the enemy is doing to completely disable my ship for about 6 seconds. I finally saw that my debuffs are on my target's target as you said, but I haven;t been able to yet figure out what that debuff is that disables me. Also I want and icon for when I'm in a tractor beam. I don't know if that qualifies as a debuff but I want to be sure to know when they do it.

I can't believe this is the only post I've been able to find about this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Agreed - it would be nice to see some icons added for this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Since no one else seems to care about this I fear that it may be a long time (even for cryptic) before we get to see our debuffs (if ever!).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 01:29 PM
/signed

I'd love to see buff icons on opponents and debuff icons on myself and on my teammates. I will occasionally see some, but it seems very buggy about it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Very much agree with what's been said here.

STO would very much benefit from taking a page out of WoW's book in this regard. Every buff, debuff, and anything in between gets displayed on the UI regardless of how major or minor.