Lt. Commander
Here's the spec

Processor - Intel Celeron T3100 / 1.9 GHz ( Dual-Core )
RAM - 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM - 800 MHz ( 1 x 2 GB )
Hard Drive - 250 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Screen - 15.6' TFT 1366 x 768 ( WXGA )
Optical Drive - DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM
Graphics - Intel GMA X4500
Bluetooth - No
Notebook Camera - Integrated - 0.3 Megapixel
Warranty - 1 year warranty
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 05:34 AM
In short, No. that graphics chip is terrible for gaming, even for games that came out 2-3 years ago. The dual core proc and ram would run the game at around medium settings, but with that graphics card, it will either struggle or youll have a ton of problems.

As a wise man pointed out. The intel X**** integrated series is only good for one game. Minesweeper.

It's a chip that basically lets you see your desktop, and maybe a few very low spec games. thats it. I very much doubt if it could run WoW at medium settings, and that game can run on almost any system

In short, if you can find the same spec laptop with a Nvidia or ati integrated GPU, (nvidia 8800GM or above, or a ATI HD 4800 or above) You'd have been fine. With that chip in it though, it basically restricts you to old games only.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 06:20 AM
Yea that thing basically wont run the game unless you like everything looking like a block.

Dedicated graphics support is essential if you expect to play any game on a laptop.

That intel gpu is a sack of crap.

Sorry dude.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 06:37 AM
The Intel GMA X4500 isn't a graphics card, it is a graphics chip on the motherboard. As others have said it will not run STO, not even close.

If you go here you can see an actual comparison of laptop graphics cards and how they run games in actual tests. STO has the same system requirements as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, so if you want to know if your laptop will run STO look there and see if it will run CoD MW2.

If you want to run STO on a laptop I recommend that you get a laptop that has at least a Nvidia GT 240m or a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 06:48 AM
If you want to game on a portable, you need a true "gaming laptop", one made specifically for the task. The one detailed in my sig is a good example of such a beast.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevok View Post
If you want to game on a portable, you need a true "gaming laptop", one made specifically for the task. The one detailed in my sig is a good example of such a beast.
well, you just need decent specs, It doesn't have to be designed for gaming... heck i play on a Mac laptop, and no Mac is ever designed for gaming... and it runs great.

Intel Integrated GPU is horrid...