Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
02-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
2) If you have shareholders who invest in your company, as a spokesman, you can't go around saying how bad your product is. There is a legal term for it in the US. Not being americain, I don't know what it is or really care.
Defamation, libel, slander, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
You are the one getting mad.

I have heard your exact words ever and over again over a dozen MMO's. I don't understand how 100's of people, from completely different lives and different parts of the world, all expect an MMO to be perfect yet all aren't.

I am pretty sure Cryptic knows of the problems. In Beta, they knew of some. When it went live, they got walloped with more. They are trying to fix it.

If you think that they are going to collect thier money and run, that is up to you.
The fact that I am "mad" is kind of irrelevant, and doesn't change the passive-aggressive arrogance of the people on the other side of this debate. And I'm not sure you're listening - I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't expect this game to be perfect; that's kind of the point. That's why you point out its flaws, so that it can improve.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm just going put this out here, and leave because class is about to start, and I can't be posting during class.

you best ammo to fight trolls like the ones we have in here, is to report them. you see they come in here to harass the community, and harassment is against the forum rules. now some trolls say that they are not here to harass, but the definition of harass:

Main Entry: ha·rass
Pronunciation: \hə-ˈras; ˈher-əs, ˈha-rəs\
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: French harasser, from Middle French, from harer to set a dog on, from Old French hare, interjection used to incite dogs, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German hier here — more at here
Date: 1617

1 a : exhaust, fatigue b (1) : to annoy persistently (2) : to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct
2 : to worry and impede by repeated raids <harassed the enemy>

: really proves that they are. you see the trolls come in here to annoy, and to create an unpleasant, and or a hostile situation. so the best thing to do is to report them.

now be careful who you report because there are some who enjoy the game, but criticize the game so to help it get better, but it is not that hard to distinguish between them.

SO do you duty, if you love the forums, and the game report the trolls, and together we can build a better community.

KNOW YOUR ENEMY. WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I don't understand how 100's of people, from completely different lives and different parts of the world, all expect an MMO to be perfect yet all aren't.
I don't think they're asking for perfection. They're asking for a more refined/polished product, meaning less serious/critical bugs with more features that were promised by not included yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
02-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Group A, But still doesn't stop me from thinking the game is really a waste of a good license.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
02-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
I don't think they're asking for perfection. They're asking for a more refined/polished product, meaning less serious/critical bugs with more features that were promised by not included yet.
"more refined" is relative.
More content "refined"? Less bugs "refined"? More options "refined"?


But to get "mad" after a few weeks is simply sad.
Me, I will give it until the summer. I usually give MMO's 6 months, but I am going to be in the middle of knowhere and don't want to be stuck.
If nothing has happened, I will try again around Xmas.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
02-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
1) If you think that STO and Ponderosa food are similar, why not STO and GT Snowracers from the late 70's. On the commercial you see kids turning with them and whatnot. But on the hill, as soon as you turned the wheel, you would be falling right on your head. We all laughed. I guess if we started giving skewed comparisons as fact, we should all be laughing now.
The point being related was that giving feedback, negative or not, is independent of what particular product or service is being sold. At least that's how I was looking at it. To me it was less about the validity of the advertising and more about the importance of customer feedback, including negative feedback. Besides, there's a difference between implying something in an ad (such as picturing a guy using some body fragrance and then showing a hot woman making out with him) and stating it as fact. The point I'm trying to make is that negative feedback is not automatically "bad" and being positive for its own sake is not necessarily "good".

Quote:
2) If you have shareholders who invest in your company, as a spokesman, you can't go around saying how bad your product is. There is a legal term for it in the US. Not being americain, I don't know what it is or really care.
Fair enough. I admit I don't know much about that myself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
02-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
"more refined" is relative.
More content "refined"? Less bugs "refined"? More options "refined"?


But to get "mad" after a few weeks is simply sad.
Me, I will give it until the summer. I usually give MMO's 6 months, but I am going to be in the middle of knowhere and don't want to be stuck.
If nothing has happened, I will try again around Xmas.
If this was a thread specifically about what issues the game has then I would talk about that. I'm not mad at STO, I'm mad at the condescending attitude of people who think that the only alternative to loving a game is to leave it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
02-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
But to get "mad" after a few weeks is simply sad.
Me, I will give it until the summer. I usually give MMO's 6 months, but I am going to be in the middle of knowhere and don't want to be stuck.
If nothing has happened, I will try again around Xmas.
Who said I was "mad"? Sure, I've seen some mad people on the forums complaining, but not all complainers are foaming at the mouth, lol.

I'm here to stay for a long time. I'm a lifer, etc., in a very stable and active fleet with good folks. But I can certainly complain about missing features and bugs. Some of the members are complaining after "a few weeks" because this still feels like software that should be in open beta, not release. STO was rushed because Cryptic wanted to meet the release deadline set by Atari. You can't deny that.

But I know STO has a ton of potential and will get much better over time, especially after that initial 45 day content update.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
02-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerresand View Post
The fact that I am "mad" is kind of irrelevant, and doesn't change the passive-aggressive arrogance of the people on the other side of this debate. And I'm not sure you're listening - I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't expect this game to be perfect; that's kind of the point. That's why you point out its flaws, so that it can improve.
How dare you not like the game!

:p

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 PM.