Lt. Commander
# 1 What do deflector arrays do?
02-15-2010, 06:18 AM
i read thru the info avail via forum search results and Tatanka's awesome index links, but still do not have a full grasp on what deflector arrays actually do, so that i can select one that fits my playstyle. i saw lots of 'examples include' stuff, but not a list of everything.

here is what i think i know

1) deflectors shield me from opponent energy and particle weapons fire. anything else?

2) sensors allow me to scan anomalies. anything else?

3) emitters allow me to polarize hull plating and generate tractor beams. anything else?

tia...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korant74 View Post
i read thru the info avail via forum search results and Tatanka's awesome index links, but still do not have a full grasp on what deflector arrays actually do, so that i can select one that fits my playstyle. i saw lots of 'examples include' stuff, but not a list of everything.

here is what i think i know

1) deflectors shield me from opponent energy and particle weapons fire. anything else?

2) sensors allow me to scan anomalies. anything else?

3) emitters allow me to polarize hull plating and generate tractor beams. anything else?

tia...
If you go to a store, like the ones where you pick up your new ships when you level, you can right click on the different types of deflectors and it tells you what skills it helps with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Right click and info gives you some idea, but I presume this is where you got the examples from.
Also if you look at the information when you click on a skill in the skills list for either you or a boff, at the very top it will say "System: xxx"
For example jam sensors says System : Sensor Array, so a deflector with sensor array helps that skill.
I think Sensors itself helps and sensor array is like an extra buff for it, but I need to test that more.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 07:01 AM
mmk. thanks for the pointers. i will check out the skills and stores to see better how these things will work together to benefit my toon. especially the 'system: xxx' stuff.

cheers...