Lt. Commander
Is anyone else having a devil of a time killing Romulan Commanders? I'm not referring here to named enemies such as Telbet, who I realize are bugged in many cases, but rather the Commander generic mob.

I can kill them, don't get me wrong. It's just that they have both health and shield buffing abilities, apparently, and every time I get their shield down, they come right back up, making it a very, very long fight. It's especially tedious because they can't really dent anyone on my team (ground combat being ridiculously easy from a survivability perspective). Is there some way to stop them from constantly healing and putting their shields back up to finish them off more quickly?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 08:10 AM
If you are a Commander or higher you might consider using a Bat'leth as it ignores shields.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 08:14 AM
I have had trouble with e Reman commander, they just have a mind death ray thing that...well...kills me and my entire away team in moments.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Focus fire and expose/exploit, but yes, even pouring on the dps they are insanely difficult to take down with energy weapons.

I think their shield recharge is not working properly. If it is supposed to be like the engineer recharge, incoming damage should reduce the recharge by a huge margin, but currently it does not.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Yup, they make fights drag out by being great survivors. The generators they throw down before and mid combat create the regen, plus they may have personal equipment that helps. Just expose and DPS them to death. Please Cryptic don't nerf the few challenging NPCs we have.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Switching targets..
02-15-2010, 08:59 AM
I hate that it seems like every time I am about to kill one I seem to switch targets to some peon.. Damned auto-targeting is a pain.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 09:02 AM
They're tough, especially if there's a medic centurion hanging around healing them
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Rommies can be tough. I always have my team target Medics first. Centurions that regenerate shields are my next priority, but I'll often take those on with martial arts to bypass their shields.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Yup, they make fights drag out by being great survivors. The generators they throw down before and mid combat create the regen, plus they may have personal equipment that helps. Just expose and DPS them to death. Please Cryptic don't nerf the few challenging NPCs we have.
I actually second this... sort of! Survivability does not equal challenge if the foe can't touch you. It just equals boredom.

Now, if they were survivable AND actually had a shot at hurting you, ground combat might be fun!

(In other words, fix the shield recharge by taking it down slightly, but not all the way, and for the love of pete, give them an attack that's stronger than a mosquito bite)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
I dont find them all that difficult

Tatic is to focus fire on all the medics first

Run straight into the crowd and make them turn .. so the rest of your away team is flanking him/her

then use knockdown attacks to keep him immoblized .. at the same time kill any shield generator he/she pops out