Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I guess in pvp Scramble Sensors might not be as useful, but in say defend sector missions it was really fun to use. You know those big blobs of ships and everyone's hesitant to be the first to engage, well I just flew right in and fired off Scramble Sensors and all the NPCs started shooting at each other

It was really funny, and I could actually take out a blob on my own with relative ease as I had cut down 2.5 of the bigger ships before the got their focused fire back on me again. Of course using a variety of other skills as well, like Reverse Shield Polarity and so on.

But, I wonder, do other people use this skill? I really liked it for pve, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 07:54 AM
The skill is priceless. Just... an awesome skill. And so well-done, as far as making an MMO mechanic seem very "in character" in the game world.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 08:22 AM
OP I agreed with you. It's a really good skill in PvE combat. It's funny look at 5 enemy ship shooting each other. Scramble and Sensor Scan, to maximize the damage. XD
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 08:29 AM
I don't currently have this skill, but I'll be taking a closer look at it now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinosOne
I don't currently have this skill, but I'll be taking a closer look at it now.
I haven't found Scramble Sensors I at the trainer, but you can buy BO's off the Exchange that has it and train your BO's that way.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Do you get credit for the kill (skill points, loot drops, etc) when an enemy ship kills another enemy ship because of this ability?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthang
I haven't found Scramble Sensors I at the trainer, but you can buy BO's off the Exchange that has it and train your BO's that way.
It's called "Jam Targeting Sensors" at the trainer, as opposed to "Jam Sensors." Guess the devs haven't updated that yet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
Do you get credit for the kill (skill points, loot drops, etc) when an enemy ship kills another enemy ship because of this ability?
Don't know. Point is, this doesn't last more than 12 or so seconds for level 1. But it is just enough time to cause confusion to get the upper hand
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I use the II version all the time in pvp, I get a good 29 seconds off of it. Since I'm an Engineer in a science vessel, I don't have the luxury of rank III, but if you see the enemy just firing away, it's great to just shoot it off and watch them start shooting each other. I've made a fair number of kills off Klingon BoPs just from them shooting their own.

In Deep Space Encounters with the Borg, it's pretty cool too. The cubes mostly take up most of the AOE effect if you target them, but just watching them disable the shields of the surrounding spheres and probes is priceless. If you target a probe or a sphere, you can sometimes get a cube. My tactics are usually involve a full impulse death-charge in, find one in the "middle" of the pack, pop scramble, and then everything to shields...and pray I survive long enough for them to start targetting something that's not me...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
It's called "Jam Targeting Sensors" at the trainer, as opposed to "Jam Sensors." Guess the devs haven't updated that yet.
Jam Targeting Sensors only works on one target and it keeps that target from being able to shoot you for X seconds.

The ability this thread is about is Scramble Sensors, which is an AoE confuse.