Lt. Commander
# 1 Best Ground Weapon?
02-15-2010, 10:01 AM
What is the best ground weapon you guys are running?

I am equipment with dual pistols right now and seems to work like a charm.. drain shields very quickly with its quick firing
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Generally speaking, Split Beam weapons are by far the most damaging. Their secondary fire does excellent damage, and can hit multiple opponents if used correctly. It depends a little on whether you need the ability to expose your own targets (in which case you'll need to use a weapon with an expose attack). My away team currently uses ALL split beam weapons, including two of my own, with a bunch of grenades and other random crap to trigger exposes.

Compared to split beam, nothing else even comes close. Probably this type of weapon will be severely nerfed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree. Anything with split beam.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 01:58 PM
My bare hands!

but when it comes to guns I found a combination of wide beam pistols + split beam rifles tore apart mobs at lower levels.

At higher levels the exploit attack from split beam wasn't enough to kill, only to maim (still good mind)

Sniper rifles work best for single target kills even at high level.

So wide beam pistol (or any conical expose weapon) combined with either split beams or sniper will work best.

I would avoid cylindrical specials and targeted AOE as they tend to be a pain to hit optimally with. cylindrical you need the enemy in a single file line (more or less) and targetted AoE tend to do tiny damage and while good for the first shot (where groups are stood together) the moment they split up its lost.

That said I melee, it may not be "teh ubah" way but it works well and lets me get some entertaining fights out of the slightly broken ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2011, 04:23 PM
I have found the bat'leth to be far more effective than any particle weapon I have come across so far up to the Commander level. It has been my primary weapon since Lt Cmdr.

Sorry, I didnt know this thread was so old. I just found it on a google search and replied.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Type III Phaser Rifle
04-14-2011, 12:35 PM
The reward weapons still makes my toes curl, esp against the borg!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-14-2011, 01:12 PM
I find that the m11 purple bat'leth combined with a good dual pistols and close combat kit is absolutely devastating.

if you are going pure ranged, type three phaser and a good expose, i prefer either dual pistols or full auto.