Lt. Commander
# 1 Paid, but no activation
02-15-2010, 09:40 AM
There probably will already be a topic about this problem, and I do apologize for the (possible) doublepost.

But this seems to be the only way to actually get some answers. replying in an established thread will either not yield any answers at all, or one half-assed remark wich leaves more questions than you start with.

In any case, this is how it is: I've bought STO: CE. I've bought a lifetime sub, and paid via paypal (it has just cleared yesterday) But my account hasn't activated (wich it should have, as soon as I paid, 'cause you get 30 free days with the CE. Right?)

In my account screen it just says: "You have no products"

I've been waiting for almost a week now, and I've even shelled out the big bucks without ever setting foot online yet :S So, several questions arise: Should I wait the additional days? will I get somekind of gamecard-code to activate lifteime? Basically this is a 'what now' situation.

I've tried contacting billing support already, but they seem to be on an extended vacation. I hope somebody here can help. Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStrike_NL
...In my account screen it just says: "You have no products"
This sounds like you need to activate your keys... http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Wich i've done. But if need to do it again, (apparently I do, cause I have no products) I need to pick a subscription again. But I've already chosen the lifetime and I'm not paying double

Thats the whole problem
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Wich i've done. But if need to do it again, (apparently I do, cause I have no products) I need to pick a subscription again. But I've already chosen the lifetime and I'm not paying double

Thats the whole problem
First, are you sure you are activating the proper account?

Did you buy the lifetime before or after the end of headstart? I think lifetime membership is an account feature technically and still requires you to subscribe; although it also causes you not to get billed in the future since it is active on your account.

Pick the cheapest subscription and start it up; then if it shows that you are going to be billed for the sub you can cancel it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I didn't have 'a' or 'the' headstart. I just bought the retail CE and immediately bought the lifetime via paypal during activation. (my serial code is recognised)

At first I thought I would have to wait until payment got trough (paypal takes 4 days or so) but then I remembered the included 30 free days and got worried. And now here I am

Are you sure that would work? It sounds a little like getting a mobile phone subscription and canceling before the first bill (wich the company would never accept...) And if I do so, will I have or get the lifetime I paid good money for?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Are you sure that the paypal went completely through or are they just holding the money?

Most other games, I have not tried it here, allow you to sign up using the CC# and then cancel it right after it is activated. This allows you to continue playing without worry that they are going to charge the card.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 04:42 PM
It's more likely to be a simple billing error. The easiest way to solve it would be to give billing a quick call when theyre open, and they will make sure its activated while you are on the telephone.

(USA)
+1-408-404-1714
(UK)
0870 490 0617
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
It's more likely to be a simple billing error. The easiest way to solve it would be to give billing a quick call when theyre open, and they will make sure its activated while you are on the telephone.

(USA)
+1-408-404-1714
(UK)
0870 490 0617
Having consulted paypal as well (great service) I'll wait 2 more days before I try calling. It seems they had taken my money, but they haven't payed Cryptic yet. Careful study of my account revealed it is suspended until the 18th.

That UK number, is it the exact number I need to call? no country code? (Im from the netherlands)

I'll get back you you all after the 18th. If it isn't solved by then I'll raise some hell
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Having consulted paypal as well (great service) I'll wait 2 more days before I try calling. It seems they had taken my money, but they haven't payed Cryptic yet. Careful study of my account revealed it is suspended until the 18th.

That UK number, is it the exact number I need to call? no country code? (Im from the netherlands)

I'll get back you you all after the 18th. If it isn't solved by then I'll raise some hell
You may need to add a countrycode. I'm not certain though. UK is +44
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Looks like you are trying to use a trial key as a game time card for setting up a subscription, that won't work.