Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-17-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Looks like you are trying to use a trial key as a game time card for setting up a subscription, that won't work.
Huh, where'd you get that idea?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStrike_NL
Huh, where'd you get that idea?
Its the only thing that makes sense given your activation history.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
The activation key you need is located on the instruction manual inside the box. There will only be one key on that manual. The box itself may have several slips of paper with different keys. The one you need is on that manual.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14 sort of same prob
02-17-2010, 03:11 PM
i have a similar prob, i bought sto the 5th and registerd it togheter with a game card for 2 months.
i activated it and could get back on the site. servers were down at that exact moment i saw.
i made an alternate account just to be able to submit a ticket. on wich i stil haven't received any response.

prob i get is that the site and game say my account isn't recognised, but my product is registerd. otherwise i would retry it with this alternate account.

any toughts on how i can get a "faster" reply on the ticket i send?

greetz,
bulle

ps belgium here
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulle74
i have a similar prob, i bought sto the 5th and registerd it togheter with a game card for 2 months.
i activated it and could get back on the site. servers were down at that exact moment i saw.
i made an alternate account just to be able to submit a ticket. on wich i stil haven't received any response.

prob i get is that the site and game say my account isn't recognised, but my product is registerd. otherwise i would retry it with this alternate account.

any toughts on how i can get a "faster" reply on the ticket i send?

greetz,
bulle

ps belgium here
I am starting to think that the best way to get any answers is to continue to post on the forums. The Devs seem to spend more time here than reading tickets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
I am starting to think that the best way to get any answers is to continue to post on the forums. The Devs seem to spend more time here than reading tickets.
Given that devs don't read tickets (customer service does), I guess thats true techically
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-19-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Its the only thing that makes sense given your activation history.
And why is that? I bought the Retail CE version and entered the serial code from the manual like a good boy.

On another note: Today it's the nineteenth, so payment should have been delivered already! How can I adequately scream for some friggin' help if I haven't paid yet?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Thank god, after my payment it finally got activated, just as I was about to give up hope and firebomb Cryptic's headoffice

This thread can be closed now, unless more people have a similar problem like the title says
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Well, I do have a similar problem.

When I try to activate my account, it asks for the activation code, which I found on the back of my manual. It then passes (so I assume it is then accepted) to a second screen (Add Subscribtion) where is stated:

"You are subscribing to:

* Star Trek Online - Retail
With 30 free days"

But how do I activate those 30 days? The only 2 options I have in that screen are

1. Recurring subscribtions with monthly paying through credit cards

2. Non recurring subscribtion via game card

After those 30 days free I want to pay with prepaid game cards. But now I can't get past this screen. the activation code printed on my manual is not accepted, I recieve a message then like:

'This is not a valid Game Card key.'

???
What am I doing wrong?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khatz
Well, I do have a similar problem.

When I try to activate my account, it asks for the activation code, which I found on the back of my manual. It then passes (so I assume it is then accepted) to a second screen (Add Subscribtion) where is stated:

"You are subscribing to:

* Star Trek Online - Retail
With 30 free days"

But how do I activate those 30 days? The only 2 options I have in that screen are

1. Recurring subscribtions with monthly paying through credit cards

2. Non recurring subscribtion via game card

After those 30 days free I want to pay with prepaid game cards. But now I can't get past this screen. the activation code printed on my manual is not accepted, I recieve a message then like:

'This is not a valid Game Card key.'

???
What am I doing wrong?
You need to put in a valid time card first to establish a subscription.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 AM.