Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
So I have this mission I just started. It's a story mission not a cluster mission. I need 10 entertainment provisions to complete part of the mission. However, each entertainment provision costs 16 regular provisions anywhere except the exchange. So either I have to pay 2-3 times more on the exchange, or I have to click my mouse 320-480 times to get enough.

This also becomes a hindrance for later cluster missions that require these types of things. PLEASE let us buy a certain amount instead of just one.

I'm not here to complain, I just want to either show this is needed, or for someone to say that you're adding this at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 01:05 AM
I second that. The next part of that mission calls for 15 stem bolts. You will need 15x4 to get tne industrial goods and then another 15 clicks to convert them to self sealing stem bolts.

Each transaction you click buy and then confirm with ok, so 2 mouse clicks.

To just accomplish that part of the mission: you need to make 75 purchases, which is 150 mouse clicks, omg!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebell48 View Post
I second that. The next part of that mission calls for 15 stem bolts. You will need 15x4 to get tne industrial goods and then another 15 clicks to convert them to self sealing stem bolts.

Each transaction you click buy and then confirm with ok, so 2 mouse clicks.

To just accomplish that part of the mission: you need to make 75 purchases, which is 150 mouse clicks, omg!
Jeez so 150 more clicks on top of that. Lame! Cryptic you definitely need to add this. I'm begging you!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Cargo ships sell ready made stem bolts for energy credits, I can't remember about the entertainment provisions. It's a painful mission with all the travel and clicking but I'm glad it's in there from the ds9 episode.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allusion View Post
Cargo ships sell ready made stem bolts for energy credits, I can't remember about the entertainment provisions. It's a painful mission with all the travel and clicking but I'm glad it's in there from the ds9 episode.
I like the mission throwing back to DS9, I just hate having to unnecessarily click my mouse a thousand times. It's not just this mission that this affects. And buying in quantity has been around since Diablo 2 or earlier. So it's needed regardless.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 02:52 AM
lawl 10 char
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 03:18 AM
One of the primary reasons why I unsubscribed
How the store mechanics got through concept I will never know, but it doesn't speak well for the games future.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Ah. I remember that mission at DS9. I so hope they will include so you can type in the number of the said items you want to buy and then confirm it, only 2 clicks instead of 230+. When you sell stackable items to a vendor, a similar box appear, so should be able to have one for buying too.

I found out that if you hold CRTL + mouse click, you do not have to click on confirmation on buying the item, which halves the number of clicks you need.
So I just opened my inventory and clicked away until I had the items. 160 provisions and 72 cells (something).
Then I just went my merry way.. with a tired finger ofc
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 05:46 AM
Wow ok guys a quick tip around the pop up menu for each individual item is to press Ctrl+Mousebutton. This auto buys the item and skips the confirmation window. I realize this is not much consolation but should help a bit. I do agree though that a simple pop up like the one we get for when we sell stacks items would be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm pretty baffled that they don't already have a "How many do you want?" slider for buying some goods, but they have one for when you want to sell your stuff to the replicator. Making that universal would be a great help.