Captain
# 21
07-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Systems:
  • Powers:
  • Beam Overload:
  • Beam Overload attacks are now always a Critical Hit.
  • Their tooltips have been updated to indicate that they always Critically Hit.
  • Beam Overload no longer drains Weapon Power.
  • Beam Overload's base damage has been reduced by 25% under the hood.
  • Its damage will be higher on average due to 100% Critical chance.
  • Related powers changes:
  • All Power Level drain from Lance-type powers has been removed.
  • For example, the Auxiliary Disruptor Array no longer drains Aux power when fired.
  • Damage and critical chance of all Lance-type powers remains unchanged.
Cool

/10char

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Career Officer
# 22
07-30-2014, 10:11 PM
'Legendary'?

Along with the recent additions of UR categories to all the search fields, I take it we're looking at the groundwork for the STLV announcement.
Commander
# 23
07-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Ah yes. The beam overload always crit... Feed back pulse just keeps getting better and better. LOL to anyone who looks down at FBP users. See it as a counter, not something lame.

I like when they input changes that indirectly buffs FBP. Now FBP III, Nukara shield, Reflective Immunity Matrix, and T4 Undine passive has a 100% chance of killing a BO vaper at full power.

Be sure to use Attack pattern Delta with your reflect skills/abilities/passives

Heck I might even play STO PVP again just for LOL's.
QUEEN SCORA
The best player in the history of mankind. The strongest in the universe. Fearless, powerful, and adaptive.
You wanna fight the best? Challenge me @Atlantra.

Lieutenant
# 24
07-30-2014, 10:13 PM
Really cryptic? What were you drinking, eating, smoking, injecting when you thought automatic crits would be totally awesome for pvp?
Career Officer
# 25
07-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkasu View Post
Really cryptic? What were you drinking, eating, smoking, injecting when you thought automatic crits would be totally awesome for pvp?
They would first have to honestly care about PvP. This is for the PvE-Kirks and their spacebars.
Truth behind T5U
-32nd Vipers- PvP Team
Lieutenant
# 26
07-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdez View Post
Show us on the doll where the mean PvPer touched you...jesus. Some of us still want a challenge in this game, and spacebar-ing through "elite" stfs in 90 seconds doesn't quite cut it.
Wow, ****/molestation jokes, great way to get me on your side! Look, all I'm saying is this doesn't really change anything about PvP. There were ways to reliably vape opponents long before this change, and anyone left in PvP by this point knows them. The fact that a properly kitted ship can now oneshot with BO3 just means your form of insta-death is more likely to be an oversized beam now.
Career Officer
# 27
07-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Resolved an issue which was causing a large amount of lag in the Foundry.
Quote:
Resolved an issue that caused the Rolor Nebula assignments to give completion credit to the B'Tran accolades.
Quote:
A new item has been added to GPL stores: The Subspace Party Nullifier.
This will render its owner immune to the jovial effects of the Subspace Party Amplifier for as long as it is held in the inventory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_p-EEJED-k
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Suliban Cell Ship doff missions fixed = YAY
Craylon Gas can drop in game, albeit through ground missions only = YAY
Bortasqu' belt clipping fixed = YAY although I only noticed this a couple days ago and it's a cosmetic issue.
R&D materials going to main inventory = YAY
Phased Biomatter beams fix = YAY (although a cannon fix would be nice too. I'm sure it's in the pipe.)
Game not choosing purple doffs for Refugee or Asylum-type missions where the doff is lost = YAY

BO changes... uhh... Well, there's one more reason I'm not going to PVP in the near future. But at least cruisers and beam boats will have an attractive option for PvE again. And my D'kyr-flying tetryon beam-using science captain will do DPS again instead of only being good at control.

Edit: The main thing I meant to say here: GOOD JOB CRYPTIC! Probably don't hear that enough. Now just lower the net requirements on crafting xp, or increase the xp reward from the 20h project so it doesn't take 100+ days to level not all the schools, and we'll all be happy with you.
Career Officer
# 29
07-31-2014, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy View Post
Hi Captains,
Phased Biomatter Beam Banks no longer use phaser audio with Overload and Fire at Will.
So, what sound will they be making instead then?! I love the sound of phasers!
Captain
# 30
07-31-2014, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
Really?
This is so sad.
No, a very good thing. That some player can no longer force mine to do something that I can't control. I will make sure all my characters gets one. To the Dabo tables I go.
Closed Thread