# 31
02-15-2010, 11:41 AM
I completely agree.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
Your firewall is blocking it. drop the firewall for a sec and then you can access your mail.
I CAN access my mail thats my point. When I try to PM that one GM is when the error comes up.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Personally I don't see a problem with an Off-topic section. The same can be said for a "suggestions" section too.

Forums can be used quite effectively to generate sense of community both in and outside of the game. Fostering a community spirit can help promote a better atmosphere in the games community both in the game as well as in the forums. After all, that is precisely what a forum is for: discussions on like minded subjects.

Having an off-topic forum section wouldnt do any damage to the game, this has been with other MMO's. It would be incorrect to think that by declining to have an off-topic forum then that somehow helps to retain players. Sorry but that's just plain naive. Sure, players COULD go elsewhere to talk about off-topic subjects, but instead they would LIKE to talk about them with people they have met in the game or in the forums, and in a section that doesn't bother other people with such subjects. Is that so wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey Tarka, do you play Sword of the Stars?

Stupid tinfoil hat... always getting me in trouble.... thx for the advice slackjaw lol
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Where are the NEY sayers? Please feed me.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-15-2010, 12:22 PM
OP is just trying to help people out and find a solution to a problem he noticed earlier. While the military post did not strike me as appropriate for this particular section I can see plenty of reasons why other military people may want to connect in the game and its okay to be proud of your service.

Good on OP for trying to do something nice for everyone! I'm sure that an off topic forum would be appreciated.

Who does it hurt if there is an off topic forum section?
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Well then how are they expecting people to not post the wrong (IE Off Topic) stuff in the wrong forum when there is no "right" forum >.<
If you want to post something that is unrelated to either A) Star Trek or B) Star Trek Online then you need to go to another WEBSITE.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If you want to post something that is unrelated to either A) Star Trek or B) Star Trek Online then you need to go to another WEBSITE.
You're arguement has already been refuted...

Thanks for feeding me though.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Mat
You're arguement has already been refuted...

Thanks for feeding me though.
No it hasnt. I saw that some people said "but we want to talk about OT things HERE", but thats not a "refute", its just an opinion. And most importantly, its one that Cryptic disagrees with regardless of what you think.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
And most importantly, its one that Cryptic disagrees with regardless of what you think.
The thing I see wrong with that is, there used to be an off-topic forum. Cryptic ninja-nerfed it when they took down the forums before Open Beta. Why suddenly stop liking us having an off-topic forum?