Lt. Commander
# 41
02-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
No it hasnt. I saw that some people said "but we want to talk about OT things HERE", but thats not a "refute", its just an opinion. And most importantly, its one that Cryptic disagrees with regardless of what you think.
Actually it isn't exactly an "opinion" its more of a desire....

a "request' if you will....
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-15-2010, 12:33 PM
The mods seem lenient, but if a topic has a potential to turn into a brawl, it gets locked.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-15-2010, 12:33 PM
There is no off-topic section per se where Spam and totally off-topic threads would have their place. The boards are meant to discuss Star Trek related topics, since there is no real off topic section this means off topic threads will be closed.
If it can be moved it will be moved.

Any further questions in regards to moderation please discuss with a CM or Mod in PM, i for example usually reply my PMs as soon as i can, sometimes you have to be patient.

If you want to discuss the lack of an off topic board, go ahead, but please do not discuss moderation.

Dio
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
The thing I see wrong with that is, there used to be an off-topic forum. Cryptic ninja-nerfed it when they took down the forums before Open Beta. Why suddenly stop liking us having an off-topic forum?
Probably because they didnt want to have to moderate it.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionaea
There is no off-topic section per se where Spam and totally off-topic threads would have their place. The boards are meant to discuss Star Trek related topics, since there is no real off topic section this means off topic threads will be closed.
If it can be moved it will be moved.

Any further questions in regards to moderation please discuss with a CM or Mod in PM, i for example usually reply my PMs as soon as i can, sometimes you have to be patient.

If you want to discuss the lack of an off topic board, go ahead, but please do not discuss moderation.

Dio
Isnt the discussion of an off topic forum itself off topic since this is a gameplay discussion board not a forum dicussion board?
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Probably because they didnt want to have to moderate it.
You hit the nail right on the head. It really annoys me that they'd get rid of it just to avoid some extra work, but I guess we'll have to live with it.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
No it hasnt. I saw that some people said "but we want to talk about OT things HERE", but thats not a "refute", its just an opinion. And most importantly, its one that Cryptic disagrees with regardless of what you think.
Yes it has, no it hasn't argument is pointless.

Please read the forum.

Cliff Notes: this is a "community", talking off topic amongst peers is expected and normal, while strenthing the community. It is common to have an off topic in forums, and we've had one and it was removed without explanation.

"We" need our off topic forum. If You don't want it, don't post in it.

I have yet to hear WHY we shouldn't have one.

Anyone?

EDIT: Dionaea chimmed... that's the first time I know of, without consequence. Certainly a Lack of Mod problem.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Isnt the discussion of an off topic forum itself off topic since this is a gameplay discussion board not a forum dicussion board?
O! Such deep deep questions! The depth of the astonishingly intellectual posters here never ceases to amaze!
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Mat
"We" need our off topic forum.
Wrong. You want it, but you certainly dont need it. And Cryptic certainly isnt obligated to provide it if they dont want to moderate the inherrant political, religious, and various other socially offensive subjects which always spring up in OT.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Nope, its Star Trek Online Discussion. Unless you dont think the forums are a part of the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
You hit the nail right on the head. It really annoys me that they'd get rid of it just to avoid some extra work, but I guess we'll have to live with it.
More likely they didnt like what was being said in the OT boards is prolly why they were closed

Wow, I think thats the first time Ive seen her in a thread where it DID get ... done