Lt. Commander
# 1 Badges Of Exploration
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Wanting to get the Mark IV tech for my ship and I wanted to know is there a certain contact I need to run mission for in the Khazan Cluster or Hromi Cluster? I have done the ones for Egg and went to Memory Alpha to drop off the sample for egg but can't seem to get anyone other than the main contact there to talk even after I gathered more samples for her as she requested. Really don't know what to do with the samples I collected for her. Any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithisak View Post
Wanting to get the Mark IV tech for my ship and I wanted to know is there a certain contact I need to run mission for in the Khazan Cluster or Hromi Cluster? I have done the ones for Egg and went to Memory Alpha to drop off the sample for egg but can't seem to get anyone other than the main contact there to talk even after I gathered more samples for her as she requested. Really don't know what to do with the samples I collected for her. Any help would be appreciated.
Talk to Lieutenant Grall. To unlock him, take the "To Boldly Go" mission from the Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah did that and now Grall keeps telling me to explore the same two over how long does this go on before I get a different contact to move into Hromi and Khazan Clusters for those badges to get Mark IV stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Do each exploration mission at least once, plus do some patrol missions in the ajoining sector that seems to unlock more exploration quests for me. so any patrol missions in Pi Canis and Alpha Centarui and check with Grall after doing them for Hiromi and LT Anek (Not positive about the spelling) for Khazan.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 11:14 PM
The Hromi Cluster exploration missions are on a timer. You can only do it once every so often. But once you have met with Admiral T'Nae at Starbase 39, you will gain access to Lieutenant Anek who will offer the mission to explore the Khazan Cluster, which is also rewarded with the type 2 badges needed for the Mk IV equipment.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
The Hromi Cluster exploration missions are on a timer. You can only do it once every so often. But once you have met with Admiral T'Nae at Starbase 39, you will gain access to Lieutenant Anek who will offer the mission to explore the Khazan Cluster, which is also rewarded with the type 2 badges needed for the Mk IV equipment.
Khazan is also on the timer, I think all are, or at least after the 1st order badges, but the OP is talking about mearly gaining access to the mission not talking about repeats, though it is good to note that you do have to wait before you can regain the same mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Seems about half an hour after you submit an exploration mission that you can re-take it.

Remember, you can still go to the nebula to explore and even start your first mission, but make sure you don't do the finishing step of that mission, before you retake the quest from Grall (as in, if you need to kill 5 enemies, kill 4 and wait for Grall's timer to reset, or if you need to scan computer consoles, don't scan the last etc.)

Then when you pick the quest, it's a matter of just submitting and you are already done 1 of 3.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebell48 View Post
Seems about half an hour after you submit an exploration mission that you can re-take it.

Remember, you can still go to the nebula to explore and even start your first mission, but make sure you don't do the finishing step of that mission, before you retake the quest from Grall (as in, if you need to kill 5 enemies, kill 4 and wait for Grall's timer to reset, or if you need to scan computer consoles, don't scan the last etc.)

Then when you pick the quest, it's a matter of just submitting and you are already done 1 of 3.
I never thought about that, hey thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarus View Post
Khazan is also on the timer, I think all are, or at least after the 1st order badges, but the OP is talking about mearly gaining access to the mission not talking about repeats, though it is good to note that you do have to wait before you can regain the same mission.
Yes.. they are all on a timer I believe. I only skimmed the OP as well as the rest of the thread. It's a bad habit of mine.

To answer more specifically, Grall will start giving you the Hromi mission at level 12, at which time you can do it every 30 minutes or so. Then, after you get the mission from Quinn to meet T'Nae at Starbase 39, you will also meet Anek, who will offer you the Khazan exploration mission, which is also on a 30 min. timer.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I would like to thank you for the numerous responses to my post and appreciate the information. Today is the 1st real day I have got to play cause of the busy work week and I ran a Patrol in Hromi and I got slaughtered because I wasn't able to get on a team and after I left the patrol and finnished up a 2nd time travel mission I noticed that the To Boldy Go mission to Hromi sector came up and have ran about 4 to 5 of those in a row. If anyone wants to look me up in game my main character is Hunter@Rithisak would be nice to team with some people and maybe join a good grp. Again thnx for the info it was greatly appreciated.