Lt. Commander
i was wondering:

is there a group of STO players who RP the ST universe?

if so i would like to network with them.

Regards,
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Playing STO is already nerdy enough.

People who RP have reached such a high level of nerdiness that they guve off a type of energy that can be sensed from far away. And certain people track that energy to the source, and violently beat and murder who ever is giving it off.

TL;DR,

No. People who RP in STO are killed almost instantly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 04:00 PM
or to even add to this

people interesting in forming a STO RPing grou (a group of players not nessesairly of the same fleet but interested in interaction of a RP persuasion)

would anyone like to help me spearhead such an endeavor? rofl...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Yes, they're called fleets. Go join one, it's pretty awesome if you like to RP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 06:29 PM
There is a STO RP group website(see link below).

http://startrekonlineroleplayers.com/
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefire227 View Post
Playing STO is already nerdy enough.

People who RP have reached such a high level of nerdiness that they guve off a type of energy that can be sensed from far away. And certain people track that energy to the source, and violently beat and murder who ever is giving it off.

TL;DR,

No. People who RP in STO are killed almost instantly.
wow, thts just so... wow. Do you hate people who play soccer-games because they like soccer too? An MMORPG, know what that means? let me make it Simple:
M as in Massive, meaning Alot, or huge.
M as in multiplayer, meaning that you play with Other perople
O as in Online, meaning it is played over the internet.

Lets make a break there so whoever is boot to the head stupid can follow, ok?
Thus far we have established that it is a game played over the internet with a huge amount of other people. But wait, its not done yet. we still have half of the meaning left. Ready kids? Lets go thorough it together.

R as in Role, meaing that you assume a role of a character
P as in Playing, meaning that you play the role you chose according to how that role should react.
G as in Game, meaning it is a game.

Thus we conclude that it is a Game that we play where you take the role of a fictional character and plays accordingly. Now wasnt that fun?

so in other words: GET OF THE BACKS OF ROLEPLAYERS YOU FRIKKIN PVP-LOVING DUM-ASSES!!!! It is a Frikking mmoRPG! If you want to go pick on people, go pick on people with your own brainsize, meaning an ant, or perhaps a mosquito if you feel realy brave.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiSilver
wow, thts just so... wow. Do you hate people who play soccer-games because they like soccer too? An MMORPG, know what that means? let me make it Simple:
M as in Massive, meaning Alot, or huge.
M as in multiplayer, meaning that you play with Other perople
O as in Online, meaning it is played over the internet.

Lets make a break there so whoever is boot to the head stupid can follow, ok?
Thus far we have established that it is a game played over the internet with a huge amount of other people. But wait, its not done yet. we still have half of the meaning left. Ready kids? Lets go thorough it together.

R as in Role, meaing that you assume a role of a character
P as in Playing, meaning that you play the role you chose according to how that role should react.
G as in Game, meaning it is a game.

Thus we conclude that it is a Game that we play where you take the role of a fictional character and plays accordingly. Now wasnt that fun?

so in other words: GET OF THE BACKS OF ROLEPLAYERS YOU FRIKKIN PVP-LOVING DUM-ASSES!!!! It is a Frikking mmoRPG! If you want to go pick on people, go pick on people with your own brainsize, meaning an ant, or perhaps a mosquito if you feel realy brave.
*snerk* +10 for the sarcasm <3
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 08:04 PM
WoW had the exact same problem. I played on the Rp realm Earthen Ring. Was it people there who roleplayed? Yes, there was. Were they the majority? No. It was alost so bad that being a roleplayer was to be a second class player, a gollective of people who the rest of the players looked down at and laughed at, at a frikkin RP server on a frikkin fantasy RPG.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Wyrmrest and Moonguard didnt have that problem. Most of the time the non-rpers left the rpers alone, or were atleast curious about RP. It was only when the pvptards from other servers came over because their cesspit was offline that we had problems. Sure there were a few rotten eggs that consistently stunk up the place, but they were mostly ignored.

The only real problem Wyrmrest had was at the beginning a pvp-guild transferred over from Garrosh (I think) and stole all the server firsts and then had the nerve to ***** because they were stuck on an RP server... which I found hilarous.

Its like some people dont realize that RPers can and do pvp... I was in a guild where the leader was one of the best pvpers on the server, and she RPed up a storm too.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 08:15 PM
yea, true enough. I quit WoW and joined STO because i hoped it was nerdy enough to keep the "Cool" pvp brats away, only attracting the fans and nerds, and therein the roleplayers.
well see how that plan works out.

And i am a Star trek fan too. Could almost call me a trekki, however i havent seen Enterprise, so i cant claim i have seen it all yet.