Lt. Commander
# 1 Need a place to meet
02-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Dear Developers,
we need a place where chars can meet face to face for talking, trading, laughing and playing their roles. Inside the own fleet and together with other friends. Maybe you can help us?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Starbases? Memory Alpha?

Don't they even have a bar/lounge in the Sol (?) Station?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 01:58 PM
How do we meet in the same area there? There a massive instances, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Can't you invite people to your bridge?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 02:19 PM
I also hope that they do make some improvements to the player interaction. I saw some people roleplaying and chatting at Quark's and thought it was great. I'd like to see that on a much larger scale, similar to the cantinas in SWG. Add some kind of buff for going to a bar for a few minutes of downtime, play mini-games, or something involving holodecks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOlympia
Can't you invite people to your bridge?
While this obviously would suit the OP's purpose, it would be nice, from an RP standpoint, to have a place in game that was designed for that purpose (in the game's reality I mean).. such as a mess hall, or an observation lounge aboard your own ship, as opposed to the area the ship is supposed be commanded from.

They could possibly get away with some of the current options as well, such as the lounge above Club 47 on Sol Station, or Quark's Bar at DS9, if it weren't for the fact that the zone chats are included with the entire station.

The other option is one that is supposedly being considered by Cryptic and that is Fleet owned starbases. Which I think would be a nice touch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Someone decided that "one server" was a good idea, hence the millions of instances and lack of community. It fails and I hope other developers stop using this system. I much prefer dedicated servers with instances spread out for raids and smaller things only.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynthe
While this obviously would suit the OP's purpose, it would be nice, from an RP standpoint, to have a place in game that was designed for that purpose (in the game's reality I mean).. such as a mess hall, or an observation lounge aboard your own ship, as opposed to the area the ship is supposed be commanded from.

They could possibly get away with some of the current options as well, such as the lounge above Club 47 on Sol Station, or Quark's Bar at DS9, if it weren't for the fact that the zone chats are included with the entire station.

The other option is one that is supposedly being considered by Cryptic and that is Fleet owned starbases. Which I think would be a nice touch.
I agree, I just wasn't sure if the OP new the option was there and to be honest I didn't know if the "Invite to Bridge" actually worked LOL! I've never done it, what am I gonna say? "Hey baby, wanna come see my bridge crew?" I'm hoping ships get more access areas in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOlympia
I agree, I just wasn't sure if the OP new the option was there and to be honest I didn't know if the "Invite to Bridge" actually worked LOL! I've never done it, what am I gonna say? "Hey baby, wanna come see my bridge crew?" I'm hoping ships get more access areas in the future.
LOL.. yes it does at least work.. or did during open beta.. haven't tried since then.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenica View Post
I also hope that they do make some improvements to the player interaction. I saw some people roleplaying and chatting at Quark's and thought it was great. I'd like to see that on a much larger scale, similar to the cantinas in SWG. Add some kind of buff for going to a bar for a few minutes of downtime, play mini-games, or something involving holodecks.
The only problem is that in the past, in other games, players clamored for such places. The developers put the time in to create them. And once the shiny wore off, they were ghost towns.