Captain
I have a turbolift in a hall and I want ti to take the player to another, separate part of the map. How do I do this?

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Captain
# 2
08-02-2014, 09:39 AM
If you want to take them to another place on the same map there is a trick you can do with respawn points I think

Though you could also make a duplicate of the map and load them into that. This is less than optimal however.

I believe that "site to site" transports is a highly resquested feature amongst the community

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-02-2014, 09:39 AM
You have to have two different maps. One that takes place in the first portion and one that takes place in the second.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 4
08-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Sorry, no in-map teleports.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 6
08-02-2014, 10:08 AM
You could try having the player go to a prop that's set over black space, like a transporter or turbolift, then despawn that prop and they'd fall onto another "map" you can build below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
You could try having the player go to a prop that's set over black space, like a transporter or turbolift, then despawn that prop and they'd fall onto another "map" you can build below.
That wouldn't work with an stock map.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 8
08-02-2014, 11:05 AM
This is a trick that is doable with triggers, but it takes some effort to make it look right.

No you can not have an in map teleport, but as many things in the Foundry the answer really is "No ... but"

First you have to accept that the level they are going to has to be built on the same map as the first level.

next , it's gonna take 2 turbo-lifts and a few triggers.

The idea is set a turbo-lift up in a hallway that you "enter". There will need to be some interact involved to set the trigger to.

at some point , you despawn the 1st turbolift and spawn in a second one, with the exit facing the other direction from the door of the 1st one. Suddenly the hall they walked in to get to the turbo lift is cut off, but there is a new hallway /level in front of them.

takes some map design and it never looks quite right, but you can "fake it"
Captain
# 9
08-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Set the desired repawn point to be closest to the turbo lift. Trigger a larg object like a pile of rocks to spawn over the turbo lift. The player will respawn in the new spot. The catch is his boff swill not follow and this will not work in preview mode, you need to publish the mission to test it.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 10
08-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Check out my spotlight mission "Relics." I did this turbolift transition to the full capacity of the Foundry, as far as I know. It was a pain to build, but I think the effect worked out ok.