Lt. Commander
I thought it would be interesting to see what games / systems everyone here uses other than of course, STO. It doesn't have to be a new system by any means.... I love the classics. Just give an overview of the systems and games you enjoy playing on. And please... dont turn this into a systems wars thread. This is all in good fun.

I myself started out on an NES, then went to Sega for the 16 Bit era followed by Playstation as it launched up until now. I have a large Playstation collection including 50 PS1 games, 42 PS2 games, 10 PSP games and about 22 PS3 games. I still have all my Sega systems ranging from the Game Gear to the Dreamcast, and a Wii with some Gamecube titles grandfathered into the newer system.

I've played on PC sparsley as I buy a computer and never upgrade it. Thus, when my 2002 Dell had difficulty running Unreal Tournament 2004 on anything but low specs... that turned out to be the last PC game I bought... until I upgraded to a 2009 Dell about six months ago.

I am a 95% console gamer and my favorite game series include Resident Evil, Uncharted and Tomb Raider.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 01:46 AM
In the very beginning I had a Commodore 64 computer, apple, atari. and a nintelevision. Then I got NES with 2 games: willow and shadowgate. I followed up with Sega, Snes, Playstation, and PS2. My favorite kinds of games are Rpgs, and anything set either in medieval fantasy or science fiction future. Also strategy games.

I kind of stopped after that. It was getting to be a nightmare of systems and lots of new ones were out: Sega CD, sega saturn, sega dreamcast, Xbox, I don't even have a ps3, 360, or wii yet. Somewhere along the line the newer games lost their appeal, or maybe it was just me.

Now I still have the older ones and a lot of rare titles, but also PC on which I've played WoW and STO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 02:12 AM
I think I got my first console, an NES, sometime in 1988. I had about 40 games for it when I got the SNES in fall of 1991. Some months before that, I got my first PC, after I saw an advertisement for the Secret of Monkey Island in an issue of Computer Gaming World.

My first online gaming experience was the Sierra Network, which had one of the very first graphical multiplayer RPGs "The Shadow of Yserbius", as well as a multiplayer version of Red Baron. I later played X-wing Vs. TIE Fighter with a league called The Last Starfighter (LSF). I also played Ultima Online, SWG, and WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 02:35 AM
I was a C64er too, Ahh, the days of Dizzy, Flimbos Quest and Fiendish Freddy

I then got a NES with Super Mario/Duck Hunt and Super Mario 3.
Moved onto the Megadrive later, had all the Sonic the Hedgehog games with Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles being my favourite.
After that it was onto the PC, Half Life, Total Annihilation, all the way up to the present day.

I had an Xbox 360 for a while, but only because my then-PC couldn't run Bioshock or GTA IV. Once I got my new PC, my Xbox gathered dust until I traded it in for 5 PC Games.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Nice... anyone else?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 11:30 PM
First system was a NES which I got for christmas in 1990, upgraded to a SNES in early 1994. Next came the N64 in 1997 and then a Playstation in 1998. PS2 in 2002 and Gamecube the same year followed before upgrading to a PS3 and a Wii in 2007.

Have ALOT of games across all the platforms, all of my consoles are still in working order. As I grew up and got a job (recieved the first NES at age 7) have bought more games eg my pile of PS3 games is huge!!

Family picked up a PC in 1997 (age 13), played mostly Real Time Strategy games such as Command and Conquer, Red Alert and Mechwarrior series. Wasn't as religious on the PC games, old man upgraded the PC and I played the next generation of Command and Conquer (Tiberium Sun and Red Alert 2). Moved out and got my own PC in 2005 in which the range of PC games broadened a bit. A few first person shooters (inculding the Elite Force series), RTS including the Star Trek Armada games, as my computer got older I was less interested in PC gaming, until I purchased a new PC at the start of January this year.

First online gaming was pretty much PvP on Command and Conquer Generals, i occasionally get the PS3 online as well but the lag sucks I can be playing MW2 online, unload an entire clip into my target and he can still stand there and kill me with a couple of hits.

STO is my first MMO as I somehow dodged the WoW phenomenon, in fact the first I heard of WoW was when South Park did an episode on it a couple of years ago!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

First online gaming was pretty much PvP on Command and Conquer Generals, i occasionally get the PS3 online as well but the lag sucks I can be playing MW2 online, unload an entire clip into my target and he can still stand there and kill me with a couple of hits.
That stinks that you've had lag. I play with my PS3 online quite a bit, but not with MW2. I'm pretty sick of the FPS genre in general as I think it's been way overdone this generation. That being said, that if you have RE5 or Uncharted 2, feel free to add me. We'll coop it up sometime. PSN name is the same as here.... Telekill. Just put in the subject of the friend request who y ou are and where I know you from.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 03:42 AM
The first memories I have of consoles are when my dad bought a NES for my brother. Well I say that, I think I was 4 - 5 at the time so it was more for him Still remember the Mario dungeon music freaking the hell out of me.
I've always been a bit behind on the console side of things, so when the Megadrive II came out my old man picked us up a ......Phillips CDi. What a crock of poop, he traded it in a fortnight later for a Megadrive.
Moved on from there to a PS1 then a PS2 when they came out, and when I moved out I picked up an Xbox. About 6 months after release of the console myself and my missus picked up a 360 Elite, and that's about it for consoles...for now anyway.

With regards to PC gaming, I've played PC games since the release of Tiberian Sun and dipped a toe into WoW at a friends suggestion in 2005 and been in and out of it since....whoops. Probably something to do with us not being friends anymore Got a new PC at the begining of last year so my PC game collection has pretty much tripled in that time as it can actually handle games without dying now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaduceus View Post
. Somewhere along the line the newer games lost their appeal,
this was exactly between playstation 1 and dreamcast. when ps2 and xbox (microsoft turns everything it touches to crap (thank you:legacy)) came out it was all down hill from there. god damn it, it really ****es me off
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2010, 04:00 AM
My first machine was a ZX Spectrum 128K (a whoooole 128K to play with =O ), games would load in a couple of hours and chuckie egg was great \o/ then I grew up to a Comodore Amiga and Sega realeased it's Mega Drive...since that time I gone through a PS1 > 2 and now I have a PS3 but use it mainly as a media center -.-" I prefer fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Soulcalibur so I don't own a lot of games really...I discovered MMOs pretty late and since then the PS3 has been feeling rather lonely without me pushing it's buttons x] I only own MMO titles for my PC (WoW, ***, GW, STO, WAR, ****, EQ)