Lt. Commander
# 31
02-16-2010, 07:39 AM
I allways wonder why people need to cheat so much everywhere, even somewhere where should everyone have fun and enjoy time with other people..

Through my MMO experience I was never happy with better gear, more money or unique stuff.. it was more about time with other people and community..

Well, I hope that stuff of your fleet will get back somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumirel View Post
I allways wonder why people need to cheat so much everywhere, even somewhere where should everyone have fun and enjoy time with other people..

Through my MMO experience I was never happy with better gear, more money or unique stuff.. it was more about time with other people and community..

Well, I hope that stuff of your fleet will get back somehow.
Sounds like that guy was doing it more to grief then to cheat.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Your mind is in the right place, OP. Don't worry about these other people. Their nose is buried so deep in Cryptic's crotch they fail to understand that Cryptic can moderate their own forums without their "help". Keep doing the right thing. The rest of us definitely appreciate a heads-up like this.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressor27 View Post
Your mind is in the right place, OP. Don't worry about these other people. Their nose is buried so deep in Cryptic's crotch they fail to understand that Cryptic can moderate their own forums without their "help". Keep doing the right thing. The rest of us definitely appreciate a heads-up like this.
Agreed.....I don't understand why it is such a bad thing to list out scammers and cheats. It helps to inform and protect other players from falling into the same circumstances. Honestly, who knows how many that person can hit before Cryptic actually takes action to ban or lock the account? I do agree that it should probably not be in the Ten Forward section though. STO Discussion would probably be a better place, or better yet the Academy.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-16-2010, 08:02 AM
I concur.

filler filler filler
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-16-2010, 08:03 AM
I saw him in Zone chat last night looking for a new fleet to rob. He got jumped on by a LOT of people, including me. Kinda ashamed that I joined in on it....but come on...Almost everyone knows the name by now..
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Is DaBones taken yet?
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxium
Not really. If you are really that clueless and airheaded to allow someone to scam you in-game you REALLY don't deserve it.
On another note: don't joke about landmines and such. someone being stupid enough to get scammed is NOT like stepping on a landmine. I've got a friend who lost the lower part of his leg to a landmine.
Also an aquaintence(sp?) from school was pinned against a car and died. Don't say "being hit by a car" is similar in ANY manner.

If i were to follow that line of reasoning. Its your fault that your mother and father spawned your idiocy into this world.
Land mine point is valid, your personal history not withstanding, it made the point and framed the issue more effectively than your posts.

Going on to call the guy who made the point an idiot is, well, illogical.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Well thanks for the support guys!
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Fair enough. I noticed the "adjusted for inflation" bit, but if I'm correct, the original quote is from Hitchhiker's Guide, right? Or am I going insane?
Don't know about the insanity part, but you're correct on the HGTG reference.

For your reading pleasure: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/47