Lt. Commander
I was wondering what folder I burn onto a disk for a setup file so I can test it on another machine? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSparrow
I was wondering what folder I burn onto a disk for a setup file so I can test it on another machine? Thanks.
I am thinking the setup is too big for a normal DvD... you are probably going to need Blu-ray to keep it on one disk.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
I am thinking the setup is too big for a normal DvD... you are probably going to need Blu-ray to keep it on one disk.
um the retail ships on 1 disc... if you can get that on one disc then you should be able to get the digital download on one disc...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 02:39 PM
ok, but what folder? I know STO installed in the gaming folder like WoW and some other games....but that's after its installed so I'm just wondering what folder I put on a DVD for it to run setup..?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
um the retail ships on 1 disc... if you can get that on one disc then you should be able to get the digital download on one disc...
I have the DDE also... so really I did not know that, they probably come on dual-layered DvDs which are harder to burn... as most games do.

Quote:
ok, but what folder? I know STO installed in the gaming folder like WoW and some other games....but that's after its installed so I'm just wondering what folder I put on a DVD for it to run setup..?
My beta downloader defaulted to making a desktop folder called "downloads/STO" the STO folder should have the setups... which equal about 7.35 Gigs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Ok if I can't burn it what about the download file Gamestop.com gives you? Could I transfer it and re-download it since I purchased it?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Ok if I can't burn it what about the download file Gamestop.com gives you? Could I transfer it and re-download it since I purchased it?
Yes, you could probably redownload it on another computer if thats what you are asking.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I shall try to redownload it on another PC then.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I am not 100% sure if this applies to the DDE version but with the Boxed version you can just burn the game folder (Wherever its installed) to a DVD. The install currently stands at about 8gb so it will easily fit on a Dual Layer DVD.

Then take the disc to another comp and simply copy the folder to your HD and run: Star Trek Online.exe from the folder.

Saves doing a full re-install on the other comp. Doing it this way ofc transfers a fully patched version too.

I moved STO to a recently bought Solid State Drive and I had no issues. Not sure if it uses any registry settings, Usually I find MMOs don't use any that wont be recreated when the launcher is run for the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxanna
I am not 100% sure if this applies to the DDE version but with the Boxed version you can just burn the game folder (Wherever its installed) to a DVD. The install currently stands at about 8gb so it will easily fit on a Dual Layer DVD.

Then take the disc to another comp and simply copy the folder to your HD and run: Star Trek Online.exe from the folder.

Saves doing a full re-install on the other comp. Doing it this way ofc transfers a fully patched version too.

I moved STO to a recently bought Solid State Drive and I had no issues. Not sure if it uses any registry settings, Usually I find MMOs don't use any that wont be recreated when the launcher is run for the first time.
Thanks I logged onto Gamestop and I'm allowed 3 more (so total of 5) activations and downloads...that's crappy I paid 50bucks for something I can only reinstall 5 times...I should ordered it...thanks for the help I may try burning it...