Lt. Commander
# 1 Training Romulan/Reman boffs
08-02-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm having a rotten time finding boffs I can use to train my Romulan and Reman boffs in useful skills. Despite having chosen a side at Khitomer (Fed), I can't get Fed boffs to train my Romulan officers in something as simple as emergency power to shields, and finding Romulan or Reman officers is ZOMGEXPENSIVE!

Is not being able to use officers of your allied faction to train expected? I received a Fed officer from one mission, and I can only add him to my duty roster, sell, or dismiss him, despite his having a skill I want to train Tovan Khel in (if I'm stuck with Tovan, at least let me make him useful.) I really don't want to end up being the needy person posting in Starbase chat begging for someone to cross-train my boffs
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
Commander
# 2
08-02-2014, 03:01 PM
all part of the fantastic romulan experience from your wonderful devs at Cryptic
Captain
# 3
08-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sussethrai View Post
I'm having a rotten time finding boffs I can use to train my Romulan and Reman boffs in useful skills. Despite having chosen a side at Khitomer (Fed), I can't get Fed boffs to train my Romulan officers in something as simple as emergency power to shields, and finding Romulan or Reman officers is ZOMGEXPENSIVE!

Is not being able to use officers of your allied faction to train expected? I received a Fed officer from one mission, and I can only add him to my duty roster, sell, or dismiss him, despite his having a skill I want to train Tovan Khel in (if I'm stuck with Tovan, at least let me make him useful.) I really don't want to end up being the needy person posting in Starbase chat begging for someone to cross-train my boffs
To use your fellow faction's boffs to train Romulan/Reman boffs, you must first have the exact matching class boff of non Romulan/Reman species, already in your active roster.

Than it will allow you to use the same class to train, a Romulan/Reman boff.

Example would be like Tovan, he is a Tac boff, to train him with an example human (any species here other than Rom/Rem) Fed boff, you would need an already Fed non-Romulam/Reman Tac officer in your active roster, than it will allow you to train him with other Fed species boffs.

This works for all classes Tac/Eng/Sci.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Empire Veteran
# 4 Cross Faction Training Nerfed
08-11-2014, 05:13 PM
You used to be able to use KDF Romulans to Train Fed Romulan boffs, you can no longer trade Boffs with Romulans of a different allignement.
Captain
# 5
08-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Didn't Geko mention an R&D school coming out that lets you copy a BOFF skill to an item to trade?

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 6
08-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Didn't Geko mention an R&D school coming out that lets you copy a BOFF skill to an item to trade?
That would be very nice. Still, I think, the boff training mechanics are cumbersome. As, are the trading ones; you can trade them directly, but not mail them or put them on the exchange.

I also find it weird that as a boff learn a skill, he/she forgets an old one. You should assign a boff skill to a slot. This makes the boff unable to use other skills. To assign a boff skill to a slot you should have a boff with the right skill in your roster. Boff should be able to learn multiple skills, but there should be a limit. Like 4 ensign, 3 lieutenant, 2 lt commander, 1 commander. Purple boffs can learn an extra commander skill. Something like that. Nice idea?