Captain
Quote:
Edit - This thread is specifically about the new Tier 6 ship class coming in Expansion 2: Delta Rising - if you have general comments not about the New Tier 6 ships - there is another general thread.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1185001
Quote:
Please Note: This is all very early info on the matter and is fully based on Al Rivera's Livestream comments. A lot of information will be coming out over the next few months - so please keep that in mind before getting too upset. As I said at the bottom - as soon as I can transcribe Mr. Rivera's full conversation/words - I will Update the OP again. Please also keep in mind that the Devs could make a lot of changes to how the ships are upgraded and the difference between the old T5's and the new T6 - before they launch. So please keep your feedback civil. Thx.
So the New T6 ships will be all new - not upgraded ships.

Older ships can be upgraded to be "viable/competitive" at Level 60 but will still not be at the Tier 6 level.

Al Rivera : 'T6 ships will have new abilities and powers that ONLY the new T6 will have - Your old ships won't have these new abilities/powers'

So older ships CANNOT be upgraded to the same as the new Tier 6 class, HOWEVER, Right now it looks like the old ships CAN be upgraded to similar stats of the new Tier 6 - but just won't have access to all the new "awesome" abilities and powers of the new Tier 6 class/line

There was no specific mention of the different types of older ships - C-store/Lock-box/Lobi - so it is not yet known how they will be upgraded.

Currently I have come up with the name of "T5 retro Retrofits" to describe what the older ships will be upgraded to.

Edit:
-I will update the OP with the livestream video when it is posted. I will link it to the part they talk about the ships.

- I will also try and transcribe what Al Rivera said about the ships like I did in my "Al Rivera say Lots of ships are coming thread" - thankfully he was speaking much more clearly so it should be much easier

Edit 2 - this is a Dev quote from the larger "general" Expansion 2 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
All ships that you've invested in will continue to be useful. We will have more information later about the specifics.

Last edited by spacebaronline; 08-02-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-02-2014, 03:48 PM
The adult in me realizes there will be a way to upgrade almost all ship to t6 level similar to fleet ships.
Captain
# 3
08-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlmykl View Post
The adult in me realizes there will be a way to upgrade almost all ship to t6 level similar to fleet ships.
Yes in the Q&A - Al Rivera did say you could upgrade them to be competitive - BUT - and he was pretty excited when he said that you would "want to buy the new T6 ships because of all the new powers and abilities that ONLY the new Tier 6 ships will have"

So as it stands right now - the new Tier 6 ships will be like a new car released - they have new powers/features that the older models don't get.
Captain
# 4
08-02-2014, 03:52 PM
So, our fancy tier 5.5 ships will be obsolete. Amazing.. it was not about new ships, it was about the possibility to UPGRADE our tier 5.5 ships to tier 6. Sigh...
Captain
# 5
08-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by policestate76 View Post
So, our fancy tier 5.5 ships will be obsolete. Amazing.. it was not about new ships, it was about the possibility to UPGRADE our tier 5.5 ships to tier 6. Sigh...
Later after the livestream is done I will post a link to where he talks about the "ships" part of the expansion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-02-2014, 04:00 PM
I do hope that atleast lockbox and lobi ships don't get shafted, because thst would suck
Captain
# 7
08-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Hmm, a complete new generation of starship.

I'm curious what these new powers will be...are they simply directly tied to the new division of Boff?

All I can say is they better be pretty. Streamlined. More Odyssey and Regent than Avenger and Mogh.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Captain
# 8
08-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepholapoid View Post
I do hope that atleast lockbox and lobi ships don't get shafted, because thst would suck
Well from what I heard(and I have quoted Al Rivera very closely/reliably in my last threads) - All existing ships can be upgraded to be "viable/competitive" - Al's words, at level 60.

However - and this was a few minutes later - he got really excited and said that the older ships - while competitive will NOT be Tier 6 - BUT the new Tier 6 ships will have so many awesome new abilities and powers that you will want to buy them.

So yes old ships - as of the livestream broadcast - WILL NOT be upgraded to Tier 6 with all the new powers and abilities of the Tier 6 line/class

Get out those credit cards!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
08-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebaronline View Post
Well from what I heard(and I have quoted Al Rivera very closely/reliably in my last threads) - All existing ships can be upgraded to be "viable/competitive" - Al's words, at level 60.

However - and this was a few minutes later - he got really excited and said that the older ships - while competitive will NOT be Tier 6 - BUT the new Tier 6 ships will have so many awesome new abilities and powers that you will want to buy them.

So yes old ships - as of the livestream broadcast - WILL NOT be upgraded to Tier 6 with all the new powers and abilities of the Tier 6 line/class

Get out those credit cards!!
so? so long as T5 ships can Still be upgraded to be competitive, people can still fly them. If they dont like the T6 new ship abilities they arent SOL.

dont see why people think that their T5's should take the uniqueness of T6 ships.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 10
08-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Well look at it this way

I have a fleet ship of high level, It suits me and I'm not going to buy another ship of the same level because I'm happy.

I might by a tier 6 ship though, or upgrade what I have if I feel attached to it, thats something new that I have a reason to buy, unlike lockbox vessels which i do not care for.

In the long run this may increase ship sales dramatically because there are players that will be dragged out of their complacency with current ships

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......