Lt. Commander
# 1 My crew AI issue
02-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Why is the crew so stupid when in ground missions. They will follow you around get stuck behind things and stay there for a bit then finnally a couple mins later come running in after you've beat said enemy a squad. Or how about you go out of your own way to avoid said squad and your crew member who has the worst AI falls off the path and then runs all the way back to where it fell but aggros the sqaud you and 3 of your away team already avoided. Oh theres Johny crew member dragging mobs to you how considerate of them.

Seriously thou the AI is really dumb and needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 01:28 PM
It's not great. Keeping your away team together is a challenge, especially when there are obstacles and obstructions. My biggest gripe is that there doesn't seem to be much difference in the various settings for what they target. I've never gotten them to just shoot at my targets. There are four buttons (not counting the useless "rally point" button), but the only two actual "postures" I've noticed are "attack" and "don't attack."
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 01:36 PM
yes. that is only some of the problems. I like how my team sometimes gets stuck under the ground. I also

hate when you order you team to attack some one and most of the enemy attacks you. I also hate the

enemy just running up to me in a fire fight. LAMe LAME LAME I'm playing Mass Effect 2. and I wish combat

could be more like that in STO.

All mmgpg's have these kinds of combat. Why can't they move the game play to a modern shooter for

ground combat. Make it like Gears! Or make it like Halo! or make it like Modern Warfare!! or make it like

advanced war fighter!! and on and on and on. any of these you make ground combat a million times better.

Yeah? or am I just wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
On one of my missions they all kept dying in a *small* fire. But they kept hypo spraying each other and dying again. It was pretty hysterical to watch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 02:36 PM
mine dont follow me at all anymore they load in follow for about 20 feet then stop iys makeing finishing my admiral mission impossible