Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
Although I feel for those including the feds. How do you guys feel?

I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-02-2014, 08:06 PM
It'll do the opposite as what it's supposed to do, or what it's to be expected from it.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
It'll do the opposite as what it's supposed to do, or what it's to be expected from it.
You may be right, what do you think will go wrong? What will go right?

I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
Captain
# 4
08-02-2014, 08:34 PM
As we should all know by now, "bringing balance to the Force" is not a good thing.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qunlar2020 View Post
Although I feel for those including the feds. How do you guys feel?
why do you expect cryptic have done a 180 and invested something even approaching equal effort spent on t6 kdf ships?
the most likely scenario is feds will have a dozen choices, roms will have their most popular op ships available, and the kdf will have one cruiser to choose, and all our lockbox/lobi ships will be obsolete.
free jkname
HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Sorry, but anymore I wouldn't trust them on ANYTHING involving the KDF. It's just less of a disappointment that way.

I fully expect the KDF to be screwed over as Cryptic is known to do.

I also am expecting them to finally break down for the sake of greed and give the Feds whatever little we have.

I would also love to be proven wrong about all of this as well. Though not hopeful about that.

Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-02-2014, 11:47 PM
"Closer to balance"...?

No.
What could possibly give you the notion there will be anything resembling "balance"?
Something some dev said?

Devs say alot of things and that's usually quite different from what they do.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Captain
# 8
08-03-2014, 02:42 AM
If we're going by track history of STO development over the years, you'd be a fool to think X2 will bring factions closer to parity and options.

The Feds will always get what they want. And more. And I guarantee there's Battlecloaks coming with Universal BOFF stations... "Raider" with no Penalty like KDF BOPs have. That's just my gut feeling.

The Roms will not get as many options, just like the KDF will not get many options. But the Roms will maintain their OP'ness with their fewer selections, just as they are now.

The KDF? LOL!

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP
Captain
# 9
08-03-2014, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
"Closer to balance"...?

No.
What could possibly give you the notion there will be anything resembling "balance"?
Something some dev said?

Devs say alot of things and that's usually quite different from what they do.
I think that it's a reasonable conclusion that since they've been negligent to balance things now, they were saving all balance when they raised the bar.

It seems that a lot of people are mistaking "power creep" for "imbalance". Balance is more important in an MMO than keeping everything at a constant power level throughout a game's life. If things are more balanced at 60 than they are at 50, I don't see a problem with it.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-03-2014, 03:24 AM
It will never be close to balanced, they will never in a million years allocate the same amount of development time for it, as others have said there will be plenty of new fed ships, quite a few RR ones and one Klingon one.

Its also likely that what few C store ships we have will be useless.

Also the Feds will likely get battlecloaking and uni BO slots proper since its the only thing we have left to be stolen.
toDuj 'oS rol.