Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
08-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I admit, I wouldn't mind if tier 6 acted as a 'reset' for all three factions to some degree, and let them give all factions some more attention again.

But I also don't think that will happen. The KDF will get some ships, but in the end, all the KDF (and now Romulans really) exist is to sometimes make a little bit of money, have a little of their own missions, and of course, hand over any unique features they have to the unending hunger of the monster that is the Federation side of the game.
The Roms are getting the very first pokes of what the KDF had to deal with. A Tier 5 Console being whored out from the Dhelan. Interestingly, I guess you can have the Dhelan Console Bonus on other Warbirds now (Oh Cryptic... WTFover on that...). The Valdore Console I think is going to be next. I feel that one coming very soon since there's a lot of greedy eyes from all different directions looking at it. Most esp. from the Blue Side of the Neutral Zone.

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP
Career Officer
# 22
08-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I admit, I wouldn't mind if tier 6 acted as a 'reset' for all three factions to some degree, and let them give all factions some more attention again.

But I also don't think that will happen. The KDF will get some ships, but in the end, all the KDF (and now Romulans really) exist is to sometimes make a little bit of money, have a little of their own missions, and of course, hand over any unique features they have to the unending hunger of the monster that is the Federation side of the game.

The way the Federation is portrayed is STO seems to actually be more like the Borg than Starfleet atm.....

"We are the Federation, ALL your technologies will be assimilated resistance is futile....."

Empire Veteran
# 23
08-03-2014, 02:13 PM
It was going to happen sooner or later, the KDF didn't have that many good consoles to take in the first place and now we have reached the point of not having any more to take. So their eyes have to fall to the RR.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Empire Veteran
# 24
08-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipagat View Post
It was going to happen sooner or later, the KDF didn't have that many good consoles to take in the first place and now we have reached the point of not having any more to take. So their eyes have to fall to the RR.
We are faced with the age old choice.

1. Forgive old sins and move forward?
2. Remain bitter and maintain a petty existance.
I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
Captain
# 25
08-03-2014, 04:11 PM
They could always undo the cross faction console B.S. and make KDF special again, but that will never happen. There's a better chance of Earth colliding with Mars before KDF gets their stuff exclusive again.

It's just so hopeless. I wish I was in charge around here...
QUEEN SCORA
The best player in the history of mankind. The strongest in the universe. Fearless, powerful, and adaptive.
Battle is Glory! Glory is Life!

Empire Veteran
# 26
08-03-2014, 05:31 PM
I would be very surprised if this tier 6 crap helps the KDF in any way lol. Plus I highly doubt the non-klingon race ships will be getting any love since most players theme their ships and characters a lot of times what a player wants to do with a character can't be done because they aren't part of the majority and are basically told to screw off or join the bandwagon.
Captain
# 27
08-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qunlar2020 View Post
We are faced with the age old choice.

1. Forgive old sins and move forward?
2. Remain bitter and maintain a petty existance.
HOw many times do you have to forgive before you realize it isn't moving you forward?
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.
Empire Veteran
# 28
08-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
HOw many times do you have to forgive before you realize it isn't moving you forward?
The day you leave and it is no longer your problem. Only a glutton for punishment would stay in a non-productive situation. Complaining has got you whar exactly so far?
I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
08-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qunlar2020 View Post
Complaining has got you whar exactly so far?
You've never read anything in the Feddy forum.

There's still some content that has survived cryptic's evil...for now.
I'm guessing that's his reason for lingering, because it's mine.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Empire Veteran
# 30
08-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
The Roms are getting the very first pokes of what the KDF had to deal with. A Tier 5 Console being whored out from the Dhelan. Interestingly, I guess you can have the Dhelan Console Bonus on other Warbirds now (Oh Cryptic... WTFover on that...). The Valdore Console I think is going to be next. I feel that one coming very soon since there's a lot of greedy eyes from all different directions looking at it. Most esp. from the Blue Side of the Neutral Zone.
I had a feeling even from day one they might eventually start tossing Romulan stuff over to the Fed side. Heck, they even broke the other 'rule' so to speak by tossing over a tier 5 console.

I'm sure the Valdore console will have the Grappler and...I dunno, what else do the KDF have left? I guess the Repair Platform console could work. I certainly don't care about that thing.

Funny thing is, KDF has gotten so little love over the years, we have almost no tier 5 consoles to give up in the first place.

One disturbing thought I have is that in the future they might release new tier 5 (yes 5, not 6) KDF and Rom ships purely for the sake of packing up consoles to toss to the Feds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
The way the Federation is portrayed is STO seems to actually be more like the Borg than Starfleet atm.....

"We are the Federation, ALL your technologies will be assimilated resistance is futile....."

Hmm...anymore, I dunno. It's more like the Federation in STO is...a virus. They are a disease, and we...are the cure.