Lt. Commander
# 1 More than anything else ...
02-15-2010, 03:08 PM
... we NEED a new Trek series.

That would be so amazing, although I can't help think that it would be a few years away at least, if at all.

Regardless, it needs to happen.

Give us more Trek, and not just films (or games).
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 03:11 PM
What time line would you be interested in? We have had the pre kirk archer enterprise, Kirk, Oh! I guess the B & C enterprises haven't been covered. Hmm, I am leaning towards C now that i think on it. A woman in command of a ship that wasn't named after a minivan.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm fairly certain that's what they were thinking when they thought up Enterprise.

I dunno if that's such a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm sure that there will be another new series eventually...though with the way television is changing it might not quite be the same as the older Trek shows. For now though I suspect they'll be sticking to the movies. They'll probably do at least three (unless the second one tanks somehow) so that'll probably get us to 2015-2016. Given the amount of time that it takes to get a show going, if they don't start work on it until then, it'll probably be close to 2020 before something actually gets on the air.

Who knows though? Maybe the second film will do really well and they'll start working on it then...we could have a new show as early as 2014.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
What I didn't like about ENT as well as "the new movie" is... It kinda defies the concept of scifi for me. It should tell about the future, but what the series and movie did was retelling / reinventing the past. That may be a nice thing for spin offs or other products of a franchise - books, comics, games, you name it; but it doesn't work for me as the main part. So, the new series I'd like to see would start right where it stopped - after the Voyager returned to earth; like 25 - 50 years after that.

And already making a wishlist... When it comes to Captains, we had it all; black, white, male, female. Its time for a non-human captain. There are so many long time member species, you'd think one of them should be in a position important enough to tell about it. Vulcan, Andorian, I don't really care. As long as its not a human.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 04:15 PM
It's times like this I lament that they didn't make a Captain Sulu USS Excelsior series.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDervish
It's times like this I lament that they didn't make a Captain Sulu USS Excelsior series.
That would be great too. I am sure his ship has a few stories to tell. So long as the stories follow the same ST formula presenting depth of story with moral choices and consequences spiced with a bit of action. What is not to love but for pete's sake, not another space station.....pretty please?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
That would be great too. I am sure his ship has a few stories to tell. So long as the stories follow the same ST formula presenting depth of story with moral choices and consequences spiced with a bit of action. What is not to love but for pete's sake, not another space station.....pretty please?
It would be awesome if George Takei were up to that. Tim Russ too, since Tuvok was a bridge officer aboard the Excelsior.

A Timeship series would be a gamble. It might actually be great -- if all the episodes were like Trials and Tribulations and In a Mirror, Darkly (OK, not time travel, but maybe they have to restore the timeline so those mirror people don't invade our universe!)
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 04:56 PM
I would like to see another 'boldly go where no one has gone before' series. Exploration, new adventures every week... As for time line, the alternate time-line of the new film would work...or post nemesis, I don't care...more Trek would just be good. I was actually most content when there were multiple series going concurrently (and you could see overlap in story-lines) but I'm not greedy...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 05:02 PM
I know I'm getting 6 years ahead of myself, but a series would be great for Trek's 50th in 2016. Just seems approproate(sp). Half a century of "Boldly going where no man/one has gone before." deserves something, IMO.