Lt. Commander
Seriously... Look at his captains log, full of rants about how it wasted his time and allowed them time to initiate attacks....
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, but picard was old, most likely he just couldnt see the moniter where we are plainly at in plain sight right in front of him mooning him.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 11:19 PM
no it wasnt cloak, it was just Data adjusting the view-screen resolution so he could actually see them in the first place
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Picard was the worst Captain in starfleet ever! He let Worf get away with murder (literally), lighting fires in his cabin, and being late for his shift all the time, and the constant vacations to some Klingon planet, always at the expense of the Federation (i.e. the Enterprise ferrying his butt there and back). Then Picard let thousands of innocent starfleet officers, and civilians die in First Contact because he wouldn't tell the federation how to defeat the Borg, kept that knowledge all to himself ("Trust Me"). Then he gave away the federation strategic advantage of the interphasic cloaking device on the Pegasus, if he really believed cloaking was overpowered he should have kept the secret and helped out Admiral Pressman. You think Jim Kirk, Sisko, or Janeway would have made those same poor decisions....WORST CAPTAIN EVER!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General-Martok View Post
Picard was the worst Captain in starfleet ever! He let Worf get away with murder (literally), lighting fires in his cabin, and being late for his shift all the time, and the constant vacations to some Kilingon planet, always at the expense of the Federation (i.e. the Enterprise ferrying his butt there and back). Then Picard let thousands of instant starfleet officers, and civilians die in First Contact because he wouldn't tell the federation how to defeat the Borg, kept that knowledge all to himself ("Trust Me"). Then he gave away the federation strategic advantage of the interfasic cloaking device on the Pegasus, if he really believed cloaking was overpowered he should have kept the secret and helped out Admiral Pressman. You think Jim Kirk, Sisko, or Janeway would have made those same poor decisions....WORST CAPTAIN EVER!
Yet Worf was welcomed in to the House of Martok with open arms anyways ... hrm?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2010, 03:24 AM
cool story bro
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blundahr View Post
cool story bro
boring meme, mate
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Actually, there is a good point here...

Picard, Kirk..any of iconic Captains in ST...didn't complain about cloak. They found ways to thwart the cloak.

If cloaking devices are overpowered (which is debatable), they should not be nerfed. Instead, additional options to allow players to thwart them should be included. These should be methods that require the player to temporarily sacrifice in other areas, expend limited resources, or some other trade-off for the increased detection chances.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General-Martok View Post
Picard was the worst Captain in starfleet ever! He let Worf get away with murder (literally), lighting fires in his cabin, and being late for his shift all the time, and the constant vacations to some Klingon planet, always at the expense of the Federation (i.e. the Enterprise ferrying his butt there and back). Then Picard let thousands of innocent starfleet officers, and civilians die in First Contact because he wouldn't tell the federation how to defeat the Borg, kept that knowledge all to himself ("Trust Me"). Then he gave away the federation strategic advantage of the interphasic cloaking device on the Pegasus, if he really believed cloaking was overpowered he should have kept the secret and helped out Admiral Pressman. You think Jim Kirk, Sisko, or Janeway would have made those same poor decisions....WORST CAPTAIN EVER!
He didn't let Worf get away with murder, that was allowed in his culture and has to be accepted.

Captain's do get some privileges with rank you know, and its his ship that ferries him. Also he did take shuttles on numerous occasions including medical reasons. Plus the matter of security issues going into even what is considered an ally's territory.

He kept no information to himself, as soon as he heard the Borg and the weakness he took command and instructed all ships to fire on it. Or should he have spent the time explaining it to Data while his friends were dying combating the cube?

Other parts I agree on, but don't think Janeway didn't squander plenty of potential advantages either. My fav is Sisko since he took a lot less BS.