Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 177
# 21
08-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Same problem here

  • Italy
  • Telecom Italia


Thanks!
Ensign
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5
# 22 Cant play
08-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Same problem here Greece - Wind.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 883
# 23
08-05-2014, 09:09 AM
I have about half of these problems. TBH tho anyone of them could make your game unplayable and strip away all what little enjoyment you do get from playing a mmo. What can we do. Nobody will listen to us or take us seriously. I just don't know anymore.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
# 24
08-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Same problem from Argentina.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 131
# 25
08-05-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm a certified CISCO network engineer and I've tested a lot of other things, including what you mentioned. Of course that a thing like packet loss would be alarming, but it's not happening.
The problem is at least as further as the intercontinental connection between US an EU...that or something server side.
So no issue whatsoever on our side of the continent.
My logical assumption at this point is that the inter-continental traffic type is set on low priority and/or has filtering or bandwidth / throughput problems.

When I'll have more spare time I will try to investigate further.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,330
# 26
08-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg0vermind View Post
I'm a certified CISCO network engineer and I've tested a lot of other things, including what you mentioned. Of course that a thing like packet loss would be alarming, but it's not happening.
The problem is at least as further as the intercontinental connection between US an EU...that or something server side.
So no issue whatsoever on our side of the continent.
My logical assumption at this point is that the inter-continental traffic type is set on low priority and/or has filtering or bandwidth / throughput problems.

When I'll have more spare time I will try to investigate further.
The 'Path Ping' (e.g. 'pathping' command, with the same syntax as the 'tracert' command) is specific to the Windows O.S. and will check for packet drop on a node by node basis for the entire route to the destination.

This will show if the problems are caused by congestion on the Internet backbone, or if theirs a local ISP issue involved as well... (And some of the recent 'Path Ping' results posted have shown a local ISP congestion issues...)

Packet priority may be part of the issue, as by Internet routing rules, streaming media connections (e.g. 'Netflix') are given priority for limited bandwidth...
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 45
# 27
08-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
The 'Path Ping' (e.g. 'pathping' command, with the same syntax as the 'tracert' command) is specific to the Windows O.S. and will check for packet drop on a node by node basis for the entire route to the destination.

This will show if the problems are caused by congestion on the Internet backbone, or if theirs a local ISP issue involved as well... (And some of the recent 'Path Ping' results posted have shown a local ISP congestion issues...)

Packet priority may be part of the issue, as by Internet routing rules, streaming media connections (e.g. 'Netflix') are given priority for limited bandwidth...

What is your point ?

I have 27 online games on my PC ...
I play clan wars in WOT
I play with my clan WT
I play tournaments in 5-6 games more every day
They all work perfect ping is minimal as always

STO is unplayable

You see my point ?

I dont want to waste "MY" time with finding out what's wrong because problems is not on my side .. those who are paid for maintenance need to start earning they $
I am not here to do their job i am here to spend money on game if i find it enjoyable and it's sure not when i cant even log in on something they want me to spend my money on...
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,728
# 28
08-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabijac View Post
What is your point ?

I have 27 online games on my PC ...
I play clan wars in WOT
I play with my clan WT
I play tournaments in 5-6 games more every day
They all work perfect ping is minimal as always

STO is unplayable

You see my point ?

I dont want to waste "MY" time with finding out what's wrong because problems is not on my side .. those who are paid for maintenance need to start earning they $
I am not here to do their job i am here to spend money on game if i find it enjoyable and it's sure not when i cant even log in on something they want me to spend my money on...
Just because some games work, doesn't mean all does. They don't all go the same route.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Contact: Twitter | Line Messenger: askray113
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 45
# 29
08-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Just because some games work, doesn't mean all does. They don't all go the same route.
I don't want to be rude ..
but 26 games from 27 are not "some games" that are all games ...
And btw this is not small problem that half of people in EU cant play your game this is major fck up from your side how about you take patching and running your game more serious ?
People wont spend money on some product and then find out they cant even log in game ..
I know i wont now for sure...

So don't tell us that game that was running fine before now wont let us log in because we have internet problems .. that is just lol ...

Instead of making such a lame posts about problems at our end try figuring out what has changed from like week ago and made half EU unable to play ...
There are tons of people more who cant log in they are just to lazy to post here or just don't want to waste their time posting and then getting replays like : hey it's problem at your end your internet connection is bad or whatever ..

I want to see posts like : we are working on problem or fix is coming or bla bla ...
Pff .. i find this kinda insulting to player base ... if you don't see a problem when half EU cant log on i seriously think you guys need to change profession or go see a doctor lol ...

And again sry if you find this post insulting or something but this is reality ...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,330
# 30
08-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabijac View Post
I don't want to be rude ..
but 26 games from 27 are not "some games" that are all games .......
Now this would be true if those 'other' games were located in the same physical location as the STO Servers... Different locations on the Internet will have different connection paths and different performance metrics...

So you say its not your Internet connection ??? This is easy enough to prove, just post some network diagnostic results and show everyone the truth behind your claims...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 AM.