Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140720a.8

General:
  • Beam Overload's base damage has been reduced by ~13% at all ranks.
  • Resolved an issue where some Bolian characters had an extra copy of "Peak Health" stuck in their Trait selection.
  • The Disruptor Heavy Turret now correctly displays in the combat log as Disruptor.
    • All firing modes from the Disruptor Heavy Turret are now correctly enhanced by Disruptor damage consoles.
  • Motivation:
    • Team wide Critical Chance bonus removed and replaced with Team wide Damage Bonus.
      • ~18% @ lvl 50, improved by Squad Command.
    • Heal on Crit changed to Heal on Hit.
      • Amount of Healing per hit reduced by ~40%
  • Resolved an issue which caused the Nukara and JemíHadar sets to display as belonging to two different sets.
  • Old crafting consoles have been removed from the Fleet Starbase.

Known Issues:
  • Replicating needed commodities for Duty Officers assignments is not registered by the assignment when slotted.
    • This is causing players to have to back out of the assignment and then slot it again to start it.
  • The trade channel cannot be left.
Career Officer
# 2
08-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Those Xindi TAC modules cannot catch a break can they...
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Bolian fix? Works for me. I like any and all fixes.
Survivor of Remus
# 4
08-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Still no fix on the Dyson destroyer 3 part console bonus??
Career Officer
# 5
08-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140720a.8

General:
  • Motivation:
    • Team wide Critical Chance bonus removed and replaced with Team wide Damage Bonus.
      • ~18% @ lvl 50, improved by Squad Command.
    • Heal on Crit changed to Heal on Hit.
      • Amount of Healing per hit reduced by ~40%
Wow. Almost sound like The Patch Notes I'd Like to See:

Quote:
Motivation:
  • Critical chance bonus has been removed.
  • Heal on critical has been changed to guaranteed heal based on outcoming damage.
    • Healing threshold remains unchanged.
Glad to see it changed though.

But I'm afraid the change to Beam Overload is just not enough. The 100% crit chance needs to go!
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-04-2014, 05:28 PM
i figured between 30% and 40% damage reduction was needed on BO total, closer to 40%, so ya 38% sounds about right. crazy ground skill got fixed too, thats good. this is a good patch
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 7
08-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
Glad to see it changed though.

But I'm afraid the change to Beam Overload is just not enough. The 100% crit chance needs to go!
Well, they did it that way to have 100% idea of the reduction, but I don't think they'll find a happy medium between PvP and PvE unless they make the ability act different in PvP from PvE.

They're adjusting little by little, and all they'll notice is that people still one-shooting others in Ker'rat.
Captain
# 8
08-04-2014, 05:30 PM
God forbid tacs actually be useful on the ground.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)
Captain
# 9
08-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
God forbid tacs actually be useful on the ground.
Well, they did fine before Motivation came along, but I do agree, the 2nd nerf is a bit harsh when you compared it to where we started.
Captain
# 10
08-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Well, they did it that way to have 100% idea of the reduction, but I don't think they'll find a happy medium between PvP and PvE unless they make the ability act different in PvP from PvE.

They're adjusting little by little, and all they'll notice is that people still one-shooting others in Ker'rat.
They really should just stop trying to make it useful in PvE. Problem is with the way they designed PvE spike damage is completely worthless, its all about sustained damage. Short of buffing its damage by 200-300% i don't see it ever being worth slotting in any PvE build, BFAW, CRF, and CSV all blow it away for PvE.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)