Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2010, 04:40 AM
i grab a comic and press c , then tab, then 1, then 2 repeatedly and look at the screen again 2 minutes later to hope its over.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2010, 05:01 AM
My away team uses all expose weapons while I use 2 split beam exploit rifles. Split beam is by far the best ground weapons ive seen.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-16-2010, 05:03 AM
I maxxed out my unarmed skills and run at the enemy swinging while my BOffs heal me, recharge my shields and provide supporting fire. It isn't very tactical, but I think it is fun. I maxxed out on my close combat "traits" for my entirely human-looking "alien" also. I don't seem to pull much aggro, so I run behind the enemies while they are shooting at my BOffs and flank them (to great effect.)

Sometimes, I crouch and take pot-shots with my rifle just for giggles. That actually seems to be more effective, but I am a tank at heart.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgrissom View Post
My away team uses all expose weapons while I use 2 split beam exploit rifles. Split beam is by far the best ground weapons ive seen.
This. Also, give your BOs all the HP/shield abilities you can, especially if you don't have any yourself. And don't forget to focus fire priority mobs (like medics, swordmasters, etc...). Remember you can always have a few extra BOs just for ground combat, if you feel you need more science skills during away missions, for example.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-16-2010, 05:19 AM
I run around my targets in circles like a big doofus thinking it will confuse the targets and make them miss more often. Eh, at least it's more interesting than standing in one place.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-16-2010, 06:20 AM
All my bridge officers have expose weapons and I carry exploit weapons.

I approach until I'm in range, crouch, target the strongest enemy, give the fire on my target command, toss a nade and then spam 1 until I see 2 flashing and then I press 2. When I switch targets I give the focus fire command again. Repeat until the area is clear. I don't move or dodge or any of that because it's unnecessary.

It's really quite mindless and my least favorite part of the game by a wide margin. I just wish it to be over as quickly as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemix
<snip>
Do you expose/exploit?
Though I have good fighting taticts / strat, and things go well on my missions...

I'm gonna ask - how can you tell a weaon is an Expose / Exploit weapon? I know some of my BOs have each - cause we get really cool "meltdowns" of bad guys (I love the ones who melt in a red glowing fireball ) - but couldn't tell you how to tell each of the weapons apart...
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximvs Decimvs
I'm gonna ask - how can you tell a weaon is an Expose / Exploit weapon? I know some of my BOs have each - cause we get really cool "meltdowns" of bad guys (I love the ones who melt in a red glowing fireball ) - but couldn't tell you how to tell each of the weapons apart...
Hover over your weapon .. the tooltip will tell you.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC26 View Post
Hover over your weapon .. the tooltip will tell you.
Thanks - as it turns out - they all currently now have Exploit weapons...gonna have to look though my Inventory to swap a few around I guess
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-17-2010, 05:08 AM
Mostly this:
Engage enemies, split beam them once then
Alt + Tab
then one of these:
Play Mafia Wars on Facebook
cut some extra metal from my warhammer miniatures
go in the kitchen, make some tea
kiss my girlfriend
pet the cat

then
alt + tab again, loot, on to the next camp.