Lt. Commander
Why haven't I seen this mentioned at all on the forums... *ahem*

"All your ground weapons have special attacks that are on separate cooldowns. This means that you can get about 6-10 split beam rifles, leave them in your inventory, then switch to them during combat after firing your two equipped weapons."

Net result: You can spam special attacks constantly (at about 1 each second) during ground combat. There's no reason to ever wait for a cooldown or even hit the 1 key.

This is old news though, right? I'm not the only person who's figured this out, right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I was under the impression that you couldn't swap stuff on/off your character loadout during combat
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Shields, armour, kits no, weapons sure.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemix
Why haven't I seen this mentioned at all on the forums... *ahem*

"All your ground weapons have special attacks that are on separate cooldowns. This means that you can get about 6-10 split beam rifles, leave them in your inventory, then switch to them during combat after firing your two equipped weapons."

Net result: You can spam special attacks constantly (at about 1 each second) during ground combat. There's no reason to ever wait for a cooldown or even hit the 1 key.

This is old news though, right? I'm not the only person who's figured this out, right?
many people think this is a feature lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintri View Post
Shields, armour, kits no, weapons sure.
that's because they allow you to equip 2 weapons to switch between them in combat.

but cryptic and their awful programmers did it in a way that rather than just changing your active weapon it simply swaps the weapons around in your character window, and the second weapon slot is simply a storage space, so they can't disable weapon swapping in combat or you wouldn't be able to switch between your 2 equipped weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Oh thank god I'm not the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Yeah, ground combat is really broken. It was the most fun facet of the game to me in early tiers, but at commander it takes a terrible downturn.