Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Career Officer
# 11
08-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Well done on this post.

I am still experiencing the requirements in assignment lists not keeping up when assignments shift up. Makes for a whole lot of fun times as I have to open each assignment to see the correct requirements.

I may be a bit of a cynic, but were some of these things (like the horrible little filter check boxes) put in because we were doffing too fast?
Captain
# 12
08-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
- The blinking icon of the Doff window below the minimap would be better if it stopped blinking after the player checks the complete missions. Claiming the completed missions shouldn't be necessary. After logging out and back in, the icon can again start blinking if unclaimed assignements remain in the 'Complete' tab.
I agree with this. That's how it used to function (blinking stops upon viewing the Completed tab, not upon collecting everything) and it was better that way. Sometimes I deliberately do not collect a reward (or even cannot collect a reward if my inventory/roster is full!) and having the doff button under the minimap continually flash after I've already checked the Completed list is irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondersc View Post
I may be a bit of a cynic, but were some of these things (like the horrible little filter check boxes) put in because we were doffing too fast?
I really doubt that they didn't delibarately nerf doffing. This new UI and the removal of clusters is so awful. But then again you should never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to ineptitude so I dunno.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Career Officer
# 13
08-11-2014, 04:35 AM
How many Tribble patches has it been now since they have done anything at all with the doff UI? This is getting ridiculous! At this point I would just love for them to fix the horrendous jitter problem with the manual selection box. A problem that I'm sure would be fixed if they would simply make the stupid box bigger or resizable... is that too much to ask?!

And here is yet another copy of my list of problems with the craptacular DOFF UI...

Feedback after 8/7 Holodeck patch:

Known Issues & Problems:

-NEW: The amount of time it takes for completed missions to post is unacceptable.

-The officer selection screen is too small.
Example photo ---> http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2455e7ec.jpg
Ideally the officer selection should not be a separate pop-up, it should be in the existing DOFF window, like it used to be. IF it is not possible to have the officer selection take place in the existing assignment window and instead the selection pop-up window is made resizable then IT MUST remember the size a user makes it and IT MUST remain that size indefinitely. We don't want to have to resize the selection window every single time it pops up. It would also be nice if the pop-up window was movable, the current one is not.

-There needs to be a check/uncheck all box for the officer specializations. By default all specializations should be unchecked the way it was with the old UI. The system needs to also operate under the assumption that is no boxes are checked then all officers are shows, again, just like the old UI did.

-When manually selecting officers for a mission once rarity check boxes are unchecked they need to stay unchecked. Currently all the rarity boxes are checked every time the selection window pops up, it should remember our previous settings and keep them until either we launch the mission or close out of the doff assignments window.

-The in progress list of projects needs to sort by time to completion with those ending soonest at the top of the list.
Example photo ---> http://postimg.org/image/g4u1uvi29/ (Credit to toiva)

-The new UI doesn't allow for interface scaling. We need the ability to scale down the interface without having overlap and jitter issues in the new DOFF UI.
UI jitter example ---> http://youtu.be/0NXhPcuGCpg

Additional Suggestions:

-Can we have a remove button in the mission planning screen that allows us to easily remove auto selected officers? I admit in most instances the automatically selected officers will work in the missions and you can click and forget. But when it comes to a mission like an officer exchange or recruit additional labor, the system is never going to select the correct officers, those need to be hand picked. So to make life easier for us, why not give us a remove button? Then we can go in and manually select the officers we want. Yes, you can still manually select your officers and override the auto selection, but it can get a little confusing when you already have officers selected and I can see someone trying to hurry though and accidentally "killing" a good officer.
Example photo ---> http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...psda6d5a87.jpg

-The pie chart was far easier to read and took up less space. Please give us the option to change between the new slider chart and the old pie chart. And the game should remember our selection indefinitely.

-It would be nice to be able to see how many commodities we have available in the assignment requirements. For example a display that reads something like "4/50" the 4 would be what the assignment requires, the 50 would be how many we have in our bank/inventory. To be clear I am talking about putting this information in the actual assignment screen, in the top header. This info should also be static, NOT a roll over.
Example image ---> http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...psf9747f54.jpg

-Put the star/exploration clusters back in the game. What was the point of removing them, what purpose did it serve other than a nerf to doffing? At the very least you need to give us back all the doff missions that have been taken away. those clusters used to have way more than the 6-7 colonial missions you are giving us now, there were unique missions in almost all the departments, especially engineering and operations. We want them back!

-With the Season 9.5 UI, Department Heads are now harder to find. Depending what screen you are in you might have to click though several different windows/screen just to get back to the point where you can find the Department Head button. There needs to be a static button back at the top of the window like there was prior to season 9.5.
Example photo ---> http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps0977e7ce.jpg

-Greying out the PLAN button of missions that you don't have the requirements to start would be a good idea so long as a user can still see the requirement information so that they know what they need to start it.
DOFF UI FEEDBACK --> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1189061

"All I see in the forums are a lot of subjective ranting" -Al Rivera
I have been here since beta.
Captain
# 14
08-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasp94232 View Post
How many Tribble patches has it been now since they have done anything at all with the doff UI? This is getting ridiculous!
Quite a few indeed. While I sure appreciate the attention given to the foundry (may the authors have fun with the additions), I really hope they haven't stopped work on the Doff UI and that it merely takes some time.

As you have listed your major issue on top of your post, I'll do the same now:

I find the 'always all rarities and specializations checked' feature is a major setback to useful doffing now.

And btw, happy to see you weigh in here, thomasp94232.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Something else that would be useful is a timer for department heads to go along with sector and shipboard timers.
Captain
# 16
08-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Quite a few indeed. While I sure appreciate the attention given to the foundry (may the authors have fun with the additions), I really hope they haven't stopped work on the Doff UI and that it merely takes some time.
Yeah it feels like momentum has been lost and it'll be left in a 'eh, it mostly works' state.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Ensign
# 17
08-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Yeah it feels like momentum has been lost and it'll be left in a 'eh, it mostly works' state.
That unfortunately.

Whoever signed off the doff change should hang their head in shame. Even if the mechanics still worked, the UI design is simply awful, it takes 4 times longer to do things.

Why break one of the few things that worked well?

Devs are you going to go back to the version that worked well, or persist with this utter mess?
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-11-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm at work, so I don't have time to read all the contributors' posts in-detail, so forgive if already stated.

One BIG issue for me is that when I receive new doffs from missions (Exchanges, Asylums, etc) I have to now look through the log to get their names/rarity and then look at my WHOLE DAMN ROSTER to find out wtf I received, instead of the old way when I can see them in the request tab. This is a HUGE QoL issue for me and I suspect, others.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasp94232;18553721

-It would be nice to be able to see how many commodities we have available in the assignment requirements. For example a display that reads something like [B
"4/50"[/b] the 4 would be what the assignment requires, the 50 would be how many we have in our bank/inventory. To be clear I am talking about putting this information in the actual assignment screen, in the top header. This info should also be static, NOT a roll over.
Example image ---> http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...psf9747f54.jpg
This should ALSO be for RnD as well; I shouldn't have to click over and literally count exactly how many I need of what - it should tell you out of how many you have/need for a certain mission/recipe.

I mean ffs, they USED to do it in the cluster missions (like listening post, etc...)
Captain
# 20
08-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcome2earf View Post
I'm at work, so I don't have time to read all the contributors' posts in-detail, so forgive if already stated.

One BIG issue for me is that when I receive new doffs from missions (Exchanges, Asylums, etc) I have to now look through the log to get their names/rarity and then look at my WHOLE DAMN ROSTER to find out wtf I received, instead of the old way when I can see them in the request tab. This is a HUGE QoL issue for me and I suspect, others.
The 'Request more...' tab is still there, but very hard to find (and access) nowadays.

See this pic with a suggestion to place it back where it used to be.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!