Lt. Commander
I have had a couple of times my BOs get stuck on the ground mission behind some objects like crates, plants, or rocks. I suppose there are some pretty complicate pathing calculations to NPCs, but how do we get the NPCs unstuck? Can there be an added option for a local transporter with a cooldown of 5 mins or so?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Pathing was always an issue in many MMOGs. Either the algorithm is good but complex (=eats up too much performance) or it's simple but deficient.

But you can do several things to help your BOs or make them unstuck. You can. e.g. select the stuck BO and give him a rally point which leads him out of the stuck position. Or change your position and rightklick the rallyicon.
In areas with many crates and such things I don't let my BOs just follow me but let them move from rally point to rally point while I place the rally points in a way so that they can't get stucked. Try out by yourself, changing between rally mode and follow mode often helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 04:07 AM
Thing is 90% of pathfinding problems are caused by poor mapping grids. Like around hallways, the edges just slightly out so character have an edge to be caught on. If they remove and smoothed the walls especially around the entrances to long hallways, that would eliminate most problems. In some maps you need to walk back and forth under a doorway because 1 always gets stuck on a n edge sticking out. It changes almost nothing aesthetically,but reduces the handholding and babysitting one must do to navigate in places.

Seriously nothing breaks immersion when your starfleet officers are too stupid to walk through a doorway.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 04:27 AM
This problem needs to be worked on, im sick of having to hand hold my Adult Officers through a god damn doorway
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrat View Post
Thing is 90% of pathfinding problems are caused by poor mapping grids. Like around hallways, the edges just slightly out so character have an edge to be caught on. If they remove and smoothed the walls especially around the entrances to long hallways, that would eliminate most problems. In some maps you need to walk back and forth under a doorway because 1 always gets stuck on a n edge sticking out. It changes almost nothing aesthetically,but reduces the handholding and babysitting one must do to navigate in places.

Seriously nothing breaks immersion when your starfleet officers are too stupid to walk through a doorway.
I agree with you on this.