Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Breaking the Planet fleet action is probably the most fun I have had in the game to date. Only shame is, I have not gotten back to doing it again because I have been progressing the story. Space fleet actions are fun too, especially when playing with like-minded people working as a group.

Personally I do not find the ground combat "clunky" per se, but it could use some fine tuning. That being said, I do very much enjoy both! I have made sure my character and his bo's are equally good at both ground and space. My only hope is for more ground content to come out for Klingons - I have not seen a single mission where my Klingon BO's came along for my alt.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefx73 View Post
To be honest, Ground combat in STO is not pleasant/fun...ground combatgame mechanics are clunky. This isn't STO's forte.
If you're trying to avoid STO's space combat (which is STO's forte in a relative manner) then you should look for another game
I disagree with this. I think their Space Combat is better and more fully developed than their ground combat but I don't find it klunky or unpleasent or unfun. I find it to be interesting and fun and definitely a welcome break from being cooped up on my starship all the time.

It could be improved and I hope it is over time, but I personally like the ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGarrett
Breaking the Planet fleet action is probably the most fun I have had in the game to date. Only shame is, I have not gotten back to doing it again because I have been progressing the story. Space fleet actions are fun too, especially when playing with like-minded people working as a group.

Personally I do not find the ground combat "clunky" per se, but it could use some fine tuning. That being said, I do very much enjoy both! I have made sure my character and his bo's are equally good at both ground and space. My only hope is for more ground content to come out for Klingons - I have not seen a single mission where my Klingon BO's came along for my alt.
James you get to select that right? You detemine who goes with you for each away team. If you're in a group the group leader decides who gets to bring Bridge Officers but you still select who from your team goes if you have a slot on the away team for a bridge officer. I'm confused by what you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-16-2010, 11:53 AM
He's talking about Klingon ground content and Klingon BOs.

Most available Klingon content is PvP. You don't get bridge officers beaming down with you in PvP.

We'll be getting exploration missions on the Klingon side soon, though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acylion
He's talking about Klingon ground content and Klingon BOs.

Most available Klingon content is PvP. You don't get bridge officers beaming down with you in PvP.

We'll be getting exploration missions on the Klingon side soon, though.
Ahhh..then yes I understand and agree..more Klingon pve content! But my understanding is that they are working on that.