Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Heeelllllooooooooooooooooooo
Where are my fellow klingon warriors? It is a sad day on qonos when so many of our finest battle hardened soldiers have vanished without a tace. They come and they ask "this is it? really? wow...." we lament and inform them of the few things to do, offering help/aid/free credits/fleet invites. But alas it is no match for this wicked disease. The disease that has claimed so many lives. The klingon empire has a serious case of a-contentia. Soldiers with no battle worthy to call them to will melt back into whence they came. This amounts to a lonely existence for us few remaining hardened veterans. Making friends, who never return, darkens even the fiercest warriors heart.

// seriously i wish they published server population. i cant imagine that klinks represent more than 5% if that of the toal player base. I have on too many occasions been the ONLY player in a zone. A warzone even with 10 feds to compete with. The nebula missions where i literally am the only one fighting the borg. Queuing up, as the lone klink, and never getting to actually pvp (while the list shows 100+ fed players for the same queue). Gets old. fast. I dont blame those who left. But i willdefinitely blame cryptic, if FVF combat comes out, it will deliver the deathblow to a dying race......
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 04:24 AM
just to reiterate the seriosuness of this poroblem, the top 7 threads in this section hve metnion of the depletion of the klink playerbase. nip this problem in the bud now, while we arestill here. if i dont subscribe, im not gona coem back in 2 weeks, maybe nto even 2 months. i think most players will give this game a wide berth until there is SUBSTANTIAL new content (ie:rom/cardis released), as opposed to the litle we require to make a point of the game and remain staying/paying customers
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Without pve content only the hardcore pvp players will remain playing Klinks.
Was looking at the ques last night and there were far more Fed players signing up for pvp than Klingons
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radom101 View Post
Was looking at the ques last night and there were far more Fed players signing up for pvp than Klingons
far more? at admiral levell i counted over 300 feds in queue. we couldnt field a full klink team for the cap and control. to those that remain, vigilance, determination, we have to be bter than 100 ofour enemies.... not a challenge... but still!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radom101 View Post
If 10% of the fed players, and 100% of the klingons queued, Fed would still outnumber klingons 5 to 1.

Alright, those numbers were made up, but the population imbalance between the factions at the moment is completely off the chart.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Well Cryptic did drop the ball in the planning stages on this one.
I know some members of the Empire would prefer no pve at all, but they are far and few between and most definately not part of the majority. This is by no means a slam on them but they are a vastly small minority in this aspect.
PVE is something that defines a lasting experience. TO have not added any for the Klingon Empire no developer at Cryptic bothered to ask themselves, how fun will this repetative grind be after a few weeks/months. It is something I feel whosever idea this was extremly short sighted and lacking long term vision. Makes me wonder if the developers ever bothered to play rpg video games at all, much less an MMO.
With that said, they have promised it to us (the pve content) albeit late and after the fact. But it IS going to cost them money in the terms of subscriptions. People I am sure have already cancelled or will before the first big patch, and MORE will unsubscribe if the pve content is not full, detailed and as involved as the federation counterparts.
I am also curious what are they going to do when they add more factions? THose factions will be severly behind the 8 ball in terms of lower tier pvp, but we will see. If they open up the character slots it wont be so bad as then we can creat more characters, intentionally leaving them at the lower tiers for play in those areas. Perhaps an option to turn off exp (CRYPTIC - I hope your reading this).
Romulan and Cardassian factions when added will I am sure be rich and full with a pve side. I cant see them makin the same mistake twice.
But, they also need an open area pvp with conquerable goals and rewards for a faction for holding them.
This would go a LONG way to improving the pvp experience!
I wonder the wisdom of no test server but thats neither here nor there.
I also ponder the benefits of holding content until the major patch, if some of it is done...perhaps throwing what they have out there? But I am sure there is another side of the sword in this.
All in all, if CRYPTIC ( I say in bold in the vain and futile hopes they may be scanning and see their name in bold type and read) doesnt add some rather dramatic changes to the Klingon side, this will become a Federation PVE game, and to be honest, without a pvp aspect of war between the Factions, it simply hasnt got enough pve even for the feds to last indefinately in that fashion alone.
Anyways, I suppose I have rambled on enough.
Just my 2 creds worth
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Klingon side will be dead when 30d free period is over.

Pure fact.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Patience I am leveling as fast as 2 hours a day allows. As far as content what Fed content is there that we don't have. I have 3 episode missions left and my Fed is a lt Cmdr 1. All that is left is defend , explore , and patrol. Frankly I like the klingon because our space is small and I don't have to spend 15 minutes warping to get my mission location. Also episodes are redundant and 90% ground mission. I got tired of blast 3 ships beam down and eliminate 10 waves of 5 npcs, return to space rinses and repeat get 100 skill points for it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 05:43 AM
More PvP variety : more thematic maps, more maps, goals, stuff to control and destroy...In short, new maps and various game modes.
It's getting old fast to always fight on the ever same maps. If you play only one aspect of PvP (say, only space engagements), there aren't that many different maps. And it already supposes you don't have your favorites.

I'm not sure the relative limited choice helps much to keep PvPers.
And playing Klingon side, it may be a critical issue.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2010, 05:54 AM
What annoys me is that npc klingons use the correct teleporter color and graphic yet the players themselves are stuck with the standard starfleet one. The attention to detail is horrible. The lack of medal conversions not to mention vendors in general carrying every item type so you can use whatever you fancy is another huge glaring hole in this game. These are just small things in the grand scale of it all and they didn't see this? What about the pvp queues? Why did they not make it so matches don't start unless each side has everyone zoned in and equally balanced? There are literally more games than I can list on my fingers that make this work for over a decade. It's pretty simple if the match is lopsided it doesn't begin and if it drops halfway through on one side it ends enough said. One last thing why is the resource map so painfully hard to tell while it's being capped? You can't put a bar or timer there letting you know that you are within the area to cap it and how long to go from fed to neutral to klingon is? People new to the map have no clue whatsoever.

This is all just standard stuff in many other games with small maps like this.