Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radom101 View Post
Without pve content only the hardcore pvp players will remain playing Klinks.
Was looking at the ques last night and there were far more Fed players signing up for pvp than Klingons
Hardcore pvp implies some kind of loss and/or risk, STO has neither, so has no hardcore pvp, so no hardcore pvpers.

Credit where it is due, Cryptic have made STO pvp fun and actual player skill makes a difference, shame there is no longevity, no reason to keep playing, no reason to win or lose even.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by To3cutter View Post
Hardcore pvp implies some kind of loss and/or risk, STO has neither, so has no hardcore pvp, so no hardcore pvpers.

Credit where it is due, Cryptic have made STO pvp fun and actual player skill makes a difference, shame there is no longevity, no reason to keep playing, no reason to win or lose even.
QFT

The PvP can be fun, but when it's all there is to do (ya ya we can go grind on npc ships till our eyes bleed) it's not fun. They screwed up. Whether it was Cryptic or Atari doesn't matter. They messed it up, and have had plenty of time to show they're trying to fix things. They haven't shown squat, and it's killing the faction.

Lt. Commander
# 13
02-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Attacking supply convoys, destroying shipyards, blasting planetary defense, ground invasions, fighting for ressources, raiding science outposts, commando missions on ground or inside ships & stations, infiltration missions to steal data, depot sabotage...

War themed maps. We're at war, no ?
Then link them all into a semi-strategic struggle for sectors domination. So winning a PvP match isn't totally disconnected from the next PvP match coming.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-16-2010, 08:37 AM
even if they put in themed maps that wouldnt solve the problem lover term the biger issue is lack of an end game with feds most of em look at pvp as the end game but for kligons who did it non stop thru every teir the basic arena pvp is not an end game there needs to be some tagible goal for wining pvp not just playing but actulay wining even if its just line on a map that says how well each side is doing but right now t5 kligons only log in for doing the daily mission other than that the only thing to keep em playing is hhaving fun pvping but as ive said before when i pvp i pvp with premades as its just silly to do otherwise but most feds dont seem to realize this so when i pvp my premades just destroy the feds i havnt had a game that wasnt 15-0 kligons in several days but its not a blance issue i can do the same thing when i fly with premades on the fed side its just most feds pug pvp and pugs arnt gunna beat 5 guys using voice comms so i know for me atlest untill there are more good fed pvp teams out there pvp gets borring fast for me
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
just to reiterate the seriosuness of this poroblem, the top 7 threads in this section hve metnion of the depletion of the klink playerbase. nip this problem in the bud now, while we arestill here. if i dont subscribe, im not gona coem back in 2 weeks, maybe nto even 2 months. i think most players will give this game a wide berth until there is SUBSTANTIAL new content (ie:rom/cardis released), as opposed to the litle we require to make a point of the game and remain staying/paying customers
first of all, i only agree with 100% of what you said.

2nd. Even for us hardcore pvpers theres NOTHING TO DO! the game came out on Feb2 and by Feb 16 im at lvl cap and i havent really been playing that much (wife/kids etc) this is NOT an mmo its a single player fed game with adhoc klingon PVP.

PPL like me will NEVER play fed so there is no point in me staying, i have the best gear, best ship etc etc. my sub is already canceled i will play till March 3rd by then klingons will STILL be 15days from the mythic 45day content patch, by then i would have out lvled everything in the patch or maybe 90% of it so i'd still be SOL.

This game was rushed to make $$$ and is now failing worst than **** or tabula rasa
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-16-2010, 09:17 AM
You know, all of us in beta warned you about how the klink faction barely existed at launch. Could have saved yourselves 50$ if you'd listened.

But yeah, game was not ready for release, not by several months, and it shows. We told Cryptic repeatedly not to release it, but frankly I don't think it was ever an option in their mind. Wouldn't have mattered if the game didn't run at all, they still would have shoved it out the door.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-16-2010, 09:35 AM
yes i feel the faction is small.

but what is there to do once max level is reached, its not like their are Raids ( WoW, Lineage 2, Conan,Every other MMo On the planet )

the STO Raids are more akin to the Klingon Nebulas, including attending playercount.

heck give End Game Raids as Open PvP space with captureable Planets ( that you have to ground combat ), stations ( Ground ) with a instance limit of a couple hundred space, 100 Ground.

and have it to where you respawn in space and have to fight back to ground, that way an Orbiting Fleet can effectivly limit the ground assult

Have that as end game Raid it it MIGHT be worth it

unless somethign worth it is done to the klingon or STO as a whole, when somebody reaches max level there is no reason to continue, literally this game is designed as a One Shot Wonder
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Heeelllllooooooooooooooooooo
Where are my fellow klingon warriors? It is a sad day on qonos when so many of our finest battle hardened soldiers have vanished without a tace. They come and they ask "this is it? really? wow...." we lament and inform them of the few things to do, offering help/aid/free credits/fleet invites. But alas it is no match for this wicked disease. The disease that has claimed so many lives. The klingon empire has a serious case of a-contentia. Soldiers with no battle worthy to call them to will melt back into whence they came. This amounts to a lonely existence for us few remaining hardened veterans. Making friends, who never return, darkens even the fiercest warriors heart.

// seriously i wish they published server population. i cant imagine that klinks represent more than 5% if that of the toal player base. I have on too many occasions been the ONLY player in a zone. A warzone even with 10 feds to compete with. The nebula missions where i literally am the only one fighting the borg. Queuing up, as the lone klink, and never getting to actually pvp (while the list shows 100+ fed players for the same queue). Gets old. fast. I dont blame those who left. But i willdefinitely blame cryptic, if FVF combat comes out, it will deliver the deathblow to a dying race......
Could it possibly be the incredible nerfs done to the Klingons?

Making Klingons into just targets for the fed blob to blow up might just be, just maybe, the reason people would rather play fed.

Give Klingons a fighting chance and people might move to the Klingon side. Reducing the science vessel's insane cc abilitys, reducing the length of time the invincibilty button works for and increasing dps across the board would be a start.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Can you blame anyone, I can only hope people come back and by the time I get to admiral on fed/Kink there is some decent end of game content.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I've gone back and finished getting my Fed character to RA5.

It's absurd that I can get 4 grades of Admiral rank in the same space of time it takes my Klingon character to make 1 in Lieutenant Commander. Doesn't give me much motivation to play Klingon side.