Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I just unloaded 2 dual heavy canons, 1 dual beam and a torp launcher, with cannon rapid fire and torp high yield into s t3 a fed cruiser, that was not being healed, for 2 minutes solid while he blew up a guy who was with me. I also used tykens rift and sensor scan.

The result? His shields were still up when the fed blob landed on me and blew me away in seconds. Great balance here, cryptic. Great balance.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
I just unloaded 2 dual heavy canons, 1 dual beam and a torp launcher, with cannon rapid fire and torp high yield into s t3 a fed cruiser, that was not being healed, for 2 minutes solid while he blew up a guy who was with me. I also used tykens rift and sensor scan.

The result? His shields were still up when the fed blob landed on me and blew me away in seconds. Great balance here, cryptic. Great balance.
this is not relevant. whether or not klingons suck or are the greatest, they should have a PURPOSE
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein

A) Dual Beam Banks suck. Don't use them. They combine all the disadvantages of Arrays and Cannons into one really lousy package.
B) If you are the only one firing at your target, you are doing something wrong, or your team is. Either way it is not a recipe for PvP success.
C) Even given the above, if you actually did fire for two minutes and not even bring down the target's shields, it sounds like you have done something seriously wrong with your build or loadout or playstyle, or all of the above. Probably all of the above, honestly, if you weren't exaggerating in your story.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Klinks aren't disappearing or leaving, they're just cloak griefing for a very, very long time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't really have much hope of the 45day patch doing much for klingons, I probably won't get my kling side joined trill, and klings may get a couple of episodes perhaps exploration added in.

But it's likely when FvF is coming in and thus most of the feddies will play that as always being on defence does get a little meh after a while, and thus klings die out.

I'll still do FvK but how many others?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-16-2010, 05:11 PM
I am looking forward to March 4th to see the number of whine threads go way way down.

Fight, win, die. Our reward as Klingons is to gain honor through combat. Qa'pla!

Get a decent group together, on voice comms, with a wing commander who knows what he is doing, you will have a ball.
Expecting to be spoonfed your fun is a bit strange in an IP that promotes self-actualization and individual thought.

The only PvE I want to see is something that links into (or from) PvP, like warzones etc. Maybe the occasional mission in a warzone to recover the long lost Gorn dil'do of eternity, that will AFFECT pvp and the overall war directly.

This game is not finished, everyone knows that, we can wait patiently or we can type until our fingers bleed. The only typing that will change things is the typing the devs at Cryptic perform.

I suggest you listen to podcasts like "Hailing Frequency" that interview the devs and listen to their passion for this game. I know we all like to rail against any form of authority but Cryptic is not the enemy here and the more you make them the enemy the less you will get from them.

Is STO perfect? Far from it. Is it great fun for me, yes. If it is not fun for you, simply stop playing there are plenty of other games out there, mmo or otherwise.

Yours in cheerful murdering of the enemy Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Heeelllllooooooooooooooooooo
Where are my fellow klingon warriors? It is a sad day on qonos when so many of our finest battle hardened soldiers have vanished without a tace. They come and they ask "this is it? really? wow...." we lament and inform them of the few things to do, offering help/aid/free credits/fleet invites. But alas it is no match for this wicked disease. The disease that has claimed so many lives. The klingon empire has a serious case of a-contentia. Soldiers with no battle worthy to call them to will melt back into whence they came. This amounts to a lonely existence for us few remaining hardened veterans. Making friends, who never return, darkens even the fiercest warriors heart.

// seriously i wish they published server population. i cant imagine that klinks represent more than 5% if that of the toal player base. I have on too many occasions been the ONLY player in a zone. A warzone even with 10 feds to compete with. The nebula missions where i literally am the only one fighting the borg. Queuing up, as the lone klink, and never getting to actually pvp (while the list shows 100+ fed players for the same queue). Gets old. fast. I dont blame those who left. But i willdefinitely blame cryptic, if FVF combat comes out, it will deliver the deathblow to a dying race......
Hrm.. FvF is not the answer here, PVE content for the Klingons is.

While the current Klingon Population maybe happy with only having PvP, the PvP (moderate to hardcore) MMO population ranges from 5-10% of all of the MMO population. It is just a fact and it has been like that since Ultima Online.

PvPers have always been a minority and what you experience only confirms this, it may even be more apparent here because well at least half of the PvPers are playing Fed side, it is a question of personal taste and has nothing to do with PvP per se, however the Klingon faction will benefit greatly once it gets more content and more people will come to that side, specially since there is a large part of the population that simply like both PVE and PvP and this will add much needed presence to all aspects of the Klingon Faction.

It will come it is just a matter of time.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-16-2010, 05:15 PM
I ONLY fly a carrier therefor i never cloak and i have about 10 games a night often fighting familiar federation players. If the feds would stop all queueing for the salvage battles than you'd get more games.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
I ONLY fly a carrier therefor i never cloak and i have about 10 games a night often fighting familiar federation players. If the feds would stop all queueing for the salvage battles than you'd get more games.
even qeueing for deathmatches it takes forever to get a game. thats right, playing on a klinks terms takes forever to get a game.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
It will come it is just a matter of time.
i ahvent given up hope, or cancelled my scrip... yet