Lt. Commander
I had one hell of a time trying to figure it out!

For some reason ATI neglected to add the HD5670 as a recognizable ATI card in the 10.1 (latest) ATI drviers.

If for some reason anyone out there is having trouble installing the Display Drivers for it (HD5670) and dont know what to do heres the solution.

The Drivers are HERE - http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...on-HD5670.aspx

I dont know why when you perform a standard search they cant be found but when you do a site search you find the page for the ACTUAL display driver that will recognize the card and allow it to be used; after that you can install Cataylyst Centre etc and it should all work as normal.

There is some speculation that these drivers might still be RC but regardless i have not had any issue with the drivers or the card.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOXSNES View Post
I had one hell of a time trying to figure it out!

For some reason ATI neglected to add the HD5670 as a recognizable ATI card in the 10.1 (latest) ATI drviers.

If for some reason anyone out there is having trouble installing the Display Drivers for it (HD5670) and dont know what to do heres the solution.

The Drivers are HERE - http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...on-HD5670.aspx

I dont know why when you perform a standard search they cant be found but when you do a site search you find the page for the ACTUAL display driver that will recognize the card and allow it to be used; after that you can install Cataylyst Centre etc and it should all work as normal.

There is some speculation that these drivers might still be RC but regardless i have not had any issue with the drivers or the card.
Thanks for that post. I just got this same card for my wife's computer yesterday and was a bit confused. I usually never mess with the cd that comes with a card but that was the only way I could get the drivers installed.

So... every couple of years I buy an ATI to see if they have gotten their act together in the driver front yet and I get this.... Think I'll be sticking with Nvidia for a few more years in my main machine. I guess the competition in the lower end cards is starting to ping on the quality. You get what you pay for I suppose.

On a happy ATI note... I put the 5670 in my main computer. After i got some drivers that worked I was able to play STO. At max settings it was laggy but when I started turning things down it was playable. It's an option for those willing to suffer though the ATI driver grind with a smaller power supply and graphics card budget. I'm sure this little issue will eventually be fixed with the drivers assuming the bios on the card is not the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Update to this... the latest 10.2 drivers have fixed this. The 10.2 driver detects and installs properly with the 5670 card.

Now if I can figure out why this card seems to keep my machine from booting now and then I'll be happy. There must be some little tweak I need to do in the bios voltages somewhere to make this a bit more stable. Tried the card in two machines and it's only doing it the machine I was planning on keeping this card in... ahh well.

Found the reason for this as well. Seems many ATI cards don't work and play well with many nforce chipset motherboards. Workaround for mine...On a lark I put the card ni the second PCIe slot and now it works. I know, I know... why put an ATI card in a MB designed to do SLI anyway right? Well that's what I had and I wanted to try this card as it was cheap and perfect for my other machine I rarely game on.