Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2010, 09:37 AM
My sig is linked to a diplomacy skill system that could very well be just what you're looking for...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 03:57 AM
I'm all for more non-combat based skills...

I think more exploration and science skills would make the game more fun, as far as just floating around. Like...eh... instead of having to get a mission to have something to do...you could just wander off somewhere and discover something pretty fascinating. I dunnoes...but yeah, more non-combat based skills...lol. :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Very ambitious but definitely the way I'd like to go : this would make STO much more faithful to the IP, much more unique and much more interesting to many players.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2010, 07:56 AM
I agree more dectective / peaceful missions.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-01-2010, 12:36 PM
My sig has a link to a topic about defining canon races. Around page 4 or 5, I posted suggestions for non-combat mission types and a ethics system effected by both combat and non-combat decisions. Might fit in here as well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyrone View Post
Honestly, I thought all this stuff was actually going to be in the game . . . until I played it. I was truly disgusted at how every single thing focused on combat. This game makes Picard look like a lying cheat! How dare they!

I do wish diplomacy, exploration, and science all were a part of it. The idea that the Federation is so combat focused is astonishingly unnerving. I do a combat mission and say, "The Federation wouldn't do this!" "Attack a Klingon vessel because it wants to get Borg technology for itself?"

What happened to the things such as, (Geordi voice) "Wait a minute! Instead of directly attacking the ship, I can induce the power manifolds to directly establish a quantum link through which we can disable the Klingon ship. Then we can computerize a fluidic torpedo to launch into the Borg hub and transport the technology out, whilst destroying the Borg! That was, we can minimize Klingon and Federation casualties!"

Riker: "What about the miniphasic transcompartment? Would that overload and injure a crewmember?"

Data: "Good point."

Picard: "To hell with it. Let's just kill them all."
Fixed for STO accuracy.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaclimesZero View Post
Quote:

Riker: "What about the miniphasic transcompartment? Would that overload and injure a crewmember?"

Data: "Good point."

Picard: "To hell with it. Let's just kill them all."

Fixed for STO accuracy.
Maybe this is how the Federation 'really' works, and the goody two shoes bit is just propaganda. Any race that attempts to expose the Federation for what it is ends up at the wrong end of a phaser. The few races that survive contact with the Federation either profess to believe the propaganda, or flee to the protection of the Klingon or Romulan empires.

This would certainly explain how they ended up with so many enemies.

Its a game, enjoy it for what it is. Although I like Star Trek a lot, I think making a lot of interesting but peaceful missions will be exceedingly difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Great idea but the first step to this is removing the skill cap...

Lt. Commander
i agree 100% with the arguemnt here but may i add one point if the dev team were actually to do this they would need a complete overhaul of the mission and episode types they already have... that being said i think it would be awesome and worhwhile for cryptic to add diplomacy missions and and a skill tree for them it would make the game more diverse that it is at this point dont get me wrong i am really enjoying STO i just think that for teh future of the game they should game less linear and more open i mean isn't the game labled as a MMORPG??? when i think of that label i think of something like wow that has more openness