Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Logo?
02-16-2010, 06:00 AM
Hey Cryptic,

I was confused by the feature in ship customization which allowed you to use a fleet logo as opposed to the default Star fleet logo. I can't figure out how use that feature. Is it like you have to set it at the fleet page, or has the feature just yet to be available. Contact we if you know anything more. Thanks for such an amazing game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by narwhalman218 View Post
Hey Cryptic,

I was confused by the feature in ship customization which allowed you to use a fleet logo as opposed to the default Star fleet logo. I can't figure out how use that feature. Is it like you have to set it at the fleet page, or has the feature just yet to be available. Contact we if you know anything more. Thanks for such an amazing game.
This feature is not yet available.

Most likely it will be like Champions "emblems"....

See http://www.champions-online.com/store

Tho I'd MUCH rather see user submissions for their own fleets....WIthin reason of course...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 06:57 AM
I would love to see personal ones too but it would be a complete nightmare to manage so I know why its unlikely. Anyone who has been involved in a system were user content had to be vetted and managed knows how much resource time is involved in weeding out the obscene, inappropriate, and downright offensive materials.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavag View Post
I would love to see personal ones too but it would be a complete nightmare to manage so I know why its unlikely. Anyone who has been involved in a system were user content had to be vetted and managed knows how much resource time is involved in weeding out the obscene, inappropriate, and downright offensive materials.
Pirates of the Burning Pee...err..>Sea.

I loved doing flags and sails...until they got inconsistent....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 07:48 AM
it worked in subspace it can work here too. but then again, nothing much realy works in sto
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Any idea as to when feature will be available, my leader is biting at the bit to design one so we can have our identity
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrdoc View Post
Any idea as to when feature will be available, my leader is biting at the bit to design one so we can have our identity
I second that. It'd be really nice to know when it will be available. Personally, I think user submitted stuff should be allowed. It doesn't have to be reviewed by GMs or anything. If you see something obscene on someone's ship, you just report it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Speaking as the guild leader of The Knights Who Play Wii on Thelanis in DDO, I can tell you how much some people value personalization; however, if there were design elements which were not personalizable, that you could combine into a personalized logo (there would have to be some way to prevent someone from closely duplicating another person's logo), Cryptic staff would not need to vette every single logo, just review ones that people complained about (such as being too similar despite the automatic filter).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoffeles View Post
Speaking as the guild leader of The Knights Who Play Wii on Thelanis in DDO, I can tell you how much some people value personalization; however, if there were design elements which were not personalizable, that you could combine into a personalized logo (there would have to be some way to prevent someone from closely duplicating another person's logo), Cryptic staff would not need to vette every single logo, just review ones that people complained about (such as being too similar despite the automatic filter).
And that may well be the way they go. Its just more work on their part upfront to do that vs letting people design something themselves. But the latter option is way too resource intensive to make work in my experience.