Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander

Basically everytime i start an away mission my game client crashes. Not once or twice, but every single damm time. Seriously getting no help from cryptic on this issue, my PC can easily handle the game so have no idea why this is happening.
Help me STO forums, you're my only hope.......
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Are you getting any kind of error message when the game crashes?
If so, please add this to your post.

Are all your drivers up to date?
If not, please update all of them and try again.

Is your video card overheating?
If so, check under the advanced video options; there is an option to "minimize video card usage" or something like that.

What are your system specs?
Having those could help us a lot maybe identify your issue.

At what part of the away mission does it crash?
Knowing exactly what happens will give us more information to be able to help you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm getting this issue too, I've had it crash on me in a couple of ways, 1. it never finishes loading, seriously, I've left it and watched half an ep of smallville, come back and its still not done. 2. the game just disappears during loading. 3. the game loads happily and then crashes during fighting on the mission, usually only about 1-2 minutes after beaming down. Mostly presenting with a cryptic crash report thing to fill out.

The first two are less common than the 3rd.

drivers all up to date, GPU is a very cool temp, specs are Intel QX6850, 4GB OCZ RAM, masses of HDD space, ATI HD5870.
No OC on any of that btw.

been unable to complete a single away mission since the patch, and since I'm only level 5 its quite hampering my progression.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Disable Dynamic Lighting, it'll fix all of your problems.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhuite View Post
Disable Dynamic Lighting, it'll fix all of your problems.
While this has been stated before, its not the best fix because from a previous post that I have started it seems to point that the issue is down to the game client and how it renders Dynamic lighting. For example I have a machine that can run crysis at max settings at 1920x1080 resolution at about 35-40fps on average (sounds like a mini server with all the fans also lol) Yet as soon as I turn my dynamic lighting on 5 instead of 4 it crashes the computer flat out on away missions.

My advice to the OP just put your dynamic lighting at 4 not off completely, I suspect you're using an ATI card as well? Seemed to be the case on all people who replied to my thread with the same issue.