Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
The klingon side doesn't have any pve , or msisions, or episodes, its solid pvp if you want to level up, but thats ok, I knew that going in. The problem is, two weeks in and I feel like im stuck at tier 2. Over the past three days it took me 5 hours of nothing but pvp just to go from lieutenant commander five to lieutenant commander six. It was not fun at all, and I stopped after finally getting to six.

pvp feels broken too , it seems like every other instance we spend about five minitues just hanging around cloaked, watching the feds and waiting for more people to show up.

The xp reward from pvp just isn't nearly enough , and the pvp missions give insanely small amounts of xp. As of last night, I have racked up 800 pvp medals over the past two weeks. Enough to kit myself out in everything from the pvp station, but im still stuck just halfway through tier 2. This can't be right.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Yeah, it seems like one of the patches cut our XP pretty much in half.

Even in Azure, I was able to get 5 or 6 dashes per (3 sets of 12 kills).

Now, I'm lucky to get 3 dashes for the same effort.

I too feel like I'm stuck in Tier-3 forever now.

There is no hurry, in that I Love my K'Tinga, but it, like Tier 1 and 2, will be a throw away ship, so I'm not growing too attached to it.

Starting in Tier-4 with my Vor'Cha, I'll carry that one into Tier-5 with me.

So, for me, it's more about getting to the ships I'll be keeping long term.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatoly
pvp feels broken too , it seems like every other instance we spend about five minitues just hanging around cloaked, watching the feds and waiting for more people to show up. ....
And that is why I refuse to play arena space maps... cap and hold forces you cowardly klings to play or lose.
Lt. Commander
# 4 XP is Fine
02-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Sorry but xp is fine....in most cases it needs to be cut in half for both sides...this game is WAY TO EASY to level in as is.....you should not be t4 or t5 in 3 days....sorry if that is what you are looking for go play a FPS shooter of sometype...with unlocks that would fit you better i think....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 09:01 AM
its fine, now you dont finish game in 2 weeks
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Let's see by definition this is an MMO. So the company that constructed this game wants you to hang around as long as it can , paying them money . How evil of them ? If you're pvp'ing the leveling is actually pretty quick . Frankly , I don't see where this is coming from . I'm fully employeed , work 40h work weeks and have maxed my Klingon character . He's not fully equipped , not even close but each purple item requires days worht of play time . 5 marks of Honor for 3 pvp matches, so if you'd like the shields , it'll require 11 days of play time . ( 52 Marks of Honor ) See a pattern here ?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
Let's see by definition this is an MMO. So the company that constructed this game wants you to hang around as long as it can , paying them money . How evil of them ? If you're pvp'ing the leveling is actually pretty quick . Frankly , I don't see where this is coming from . I'm fully employeed , work 40h work weeks and have maxed my Klingon character . He's not fully equipped , not even close but each purple item requires days worht of play time . 5 marks of Honor for 3 pvp matches, so if you'd like the shields , it'll require 11 days of play time . ( 52 Marks of Honor ) See a pattern here ?
what purple items? where do you get em?......

only not green iv seen is shield...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
what purple items? where do you get em?......

only not green iv seen is shield...

T5 rewards are purple, check the center console at G to see the rewards
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
See someone who leveled his Klingon up BEFORE the xp nerf was put into play? Because I sure as hell do. Yeah its great when you can powerlevel a character to max without much of a struggle, but for even the most casual of players, the exp nerf is a certified nightmare. I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but a lot of Klingons are leaving this game due to the experience nerf, and a whole number of issues. So I do hope you dont get too lonely at the top level because you wont be seeing many generals around to even be able to enjoy the game with. Yes their are a small number of them right now, but those are the only people you will ever see at this rate. Not unless they make some changes to the faction anyway. Or is some fed rat gets bored and decides to roll a Klingon alt, which I highly doubt because at this point, what it the point.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Not enough exp....? I don't know but leveling on STO, in my opinion, is way too fast and easy. Got my Klingon to Brigadier General (Admiral) in a week and a half.

I guess my viewpoint is skewed though, because I'm used to playing hardcore Korean MMOs thar aren't geared for the casual American audience.